Second Combat Style Reset Token

3 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

https://youtu.be/QBcfVIOLVbg?t=1449

Chris Schmidt does in fact make a direct comparison to FF14 here, the main points here are the retention of legacy/account system designs and relevance of alts

You're right, he does, but right after that, he says that they rejected full freedom in favour of just two styles.  And the formal announcement in the *SWTOR* stream was very much "just two styles".

3 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

you guys really aren't getting it

its not that they cant give us more combat styles, its that they wont

I would have said "they don't want to right now(0)" rather than *just* "they won't", but yes.  If they were to create a new style (presumably two, one for Force User origins and one for Tech origins), then they would almost *have* to give us a third slot(1).

(0) Who knows what the future might bring?

(1) Releasing a new not-seen-before style without adding a third slot would cause the riot to end all riots(2) among the player base.

(2) That's probably an exaggeration.

This would be nice. Finished my class story and after playing power tech a bit I’m just not feeling it. Would love to switch my mains secondary to something else. 

I get there’s always the option of rolling a new character, but I’ve some a bit of cash on cosmetics plus the time in game. Pretty disappointed I may be stuck with a secondary spec I don’t like. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 8:56 PM, Salt-Upon-Wounds said:
When will they invent this magical reset technology?

Once they invent magic, I suppose.  EDIT: It's worth noting that they never said *anything* about ever bringing out a way to change either the first or the second style, neither for nor against.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

On 4/18/2024 at 12:12 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Once they invent magic, I suppose.  EDIT: It's worth noting that they never said *anything* about ever bringing out a way to change either the first or the second style, neither for nor against.

maybe they will make a third style, there is clearly no difficulty in this