Issues regarding launcher

BenjaminAcolyte

If you are running Windows 10 or 11 and this is the first time SWTOR has been installed on this machine, you are missing DirectX9.

Download it from the Microsoft website here, extract it to any folder and run the setup. Then launch SWTOR again and all should be good.

Still waiting for the devs to include it in the SWTOR download since it is required to run the game and not included with Windows 10/11.

• 2 months later...

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the game last year, but took a break. I go to play this week and the play button won't launch the game. I play on Windows 10 and I play other games like Final Fantasy XIV and Guild Wars 2 with no issues. 

2 hours ago, ForceSNAFU said:

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the game last year, but took a break. I go to play this week and the play button won't launch the game. I play on Windows 10 and I play other games like Final Fantasy XIV and Guild Wars 2 with no issues. 

Did you read the post above yours and apply the DirectX9 thing?  (Both GW2 and FF14 can run directly on DirectX11, and don't need the DirectX9 thing.  That isn't true for SWTOR.)