Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1. There is nothing wrong with the economy; 2. To change it you must control the exchange rate

StrikePrice

34 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

Not at all.

I'm all for a thriving Crafting ecosystem.

I just don't want it monetized.

This will come across as a back-handed compliment, and in many ways it is. I respect your viewpoint even though I disagree with it. You stick to your guns which is admirable.

When you say you want a "thriving Crafting ecosystem" you ignore the part about the 'marketplace' because you refuse to acknowledge that some players enjoy playing the GTN. You want to deprive them of their efforts and make crafting a solo / legacy advantage only.

That is not conducive to a functioning 'ecosystem' in any way. 

Regardless, it doesn't matter since, as I assume you will acknowledge, Bioware (or any other MMORPG that I can think of) has not taken an iota of a step in your direction.

Of the many MMORPGS I have played, SWTOR is the least monetized of them all. Your best argument is Augments / Kits, and that is still weak. Keep in mind, even with Augments / Kits we are talking about a 4% difference. When you talk about the +41 crystals I guarantee you that many (probably most) of us just roll our eyes. 😉

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Stupid Typos!
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jdast said:

When you say you want a "thriving Crafting ecosystem" you ignore the part about the 'marketplace' because you refuse to acknowledge that some players enjoy playing the GTN. You want to deprive them of their efforts and make crafting a solo / legacy advantage only.

Again, not at all.

I'd love to see Crafting thriving on the GTN.

Nothing about that requires monetization.

2 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

Again, not at all.

I'd love to see Crafting thriving on the GTN.

Nothing about that requires monetization.

Anything on the GTN by definition requires credits, which by definition is 'monetization' - unless you can come up with a different form of currency.

I've tried my best folks. I think it is time to just admit that Flat Tax and I see the galaxy in two completely different ways. :(

Dasty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jdast said:

Anything on the GTN by definition requires credits, which by definition is 'monetization' - unless you can come up with a different form of currency.

I've tried my best folks. I think it is time to just admit that Flat Tax and I see the galaxy in two completely different ways. :(

Dasty

Noooo.

Monetization, in game development, refers to real-world cash.

Now we do have a separate problem with EA monetizing Credits, but that's fixable, too.

Edited by FlatTax
Clarity

On 4/22/2023 at 6:17 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

"For free" is a very strong word to use for things that require white materials to craft.  (Everything of any value that you craft requires white materials.)

White materials are not free.  Granted, they cost spit-all credits, but the cost isn't zero.

Just for the record, when I say "free" I mean not real life money. Obviously in game credits are required in many instances.

On 4/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, Jdast said:

I admire your perseverance, but at some point you should recognize that the overwhelming majority disagrees with you. There is a reason why. I can count on two fingers the people who agree with your definition of Play-to-Win. Nevertheless, keep Tilting at Windmills. Your crusade has gained no traction for years and never will, either in SWTOR or any other major MMORPG.

Dasty

I agree with Flat. Admittedly, I mainly agree because I dislike most of the players arguing with him and their conservative, do-nothing attitude about fixing game problems. At least he has a well-thought out plan for making changes. So on that basis, I'm happy to lend him the benefit of my considerable influence as solidarity for whatever it is he's agitating for :rak_01: 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.