Game simply won't load

SoonerJBD

I downloaded the update. The launcher works. I click play, and then I get the title screen that never goes away. Server page won't come up. Character page doesn't come up. It just stays on the title page, and nothing happens. My system meets all the required specs. I downloaded Direct X and followed all the other troubleshooting tips on the forum post. Nothing. Really glad I re-subbed only to be unable to play the game.

this started happening to me after i set my graphics settings to medium and it crashed my game, except the buffer symbol doesn't move and whenever i click anywhere, i get a windows error saying that the game is no longer responding. someone please help! i really enjoy this game and i want to be able to play it again

Mine takes a long time to load and then goes to the Server Selection screen - and there are no servers to choose from...  After a bit I get a message saying that it can't load the server list and I should click the help link below - Which also doesn't exist...

I have to say this one is a mess - I hope EA gets this straightened out soon....

I have been having the same issues. Can log it but the server list is blank and cannot load in. I have no anti-virus issues, I have updated directx and have verified that I am not running in compatibility mode. I have been a subscriber a very long time and after a gigantic update that kept me from playing, I now find out I can't play...This is disheartening.

I have been having the same issues. Can log it but the server list is blank and cannot load in. I have no anti-virus issues, I have updated directx and have verified that I am not running in compatibility mode. I have been a subscriber a very long time and after a gigantic update that kept me from playing, I now find out I can't play...This is disheartening.

Also, I can't get to the point where I can put in a ticket.

Since, as of today, still no fix for this issue and I can't put in a ticket for help anymore, I guess SWTOR and EA will be losing a subscriber. I will not continue to pay for a game that I cannot play with an up to date computer and the listed garbage repair process is wholly inadequate and ineffective.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:48 PM, SoonerJBD said:

I downloaded the update. The launcher works. I click play, and then I get the title screen that never goes away. Server page won't come up. Character page doesn't come up. It just stays on the title page, and nothing happens. My system meets all the required specs. I downloaded Direct X and followed all the other troubleshooting tips on the forum post. Nothing. Really glad I re-subbed only to be unable to play the game.

Try pressing the ALT + Enter keys a few times on the title screen

23 hours ago, Imweakkillme said:

blank server list is either a mismatch in compatibility between  the game shortcut / launcher.exe and swtor.exe (all 3) 
the other cause is a firewall block

20 hours ago, Sugog said:

I cannot get into the game either since the update.  I click play after logging in and nothing happens

need serious help

Some have found they have needed to install directx 9 legacy files https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
otherwise try installing C++ via https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe , all else fails install the game via steam

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, GreyestJedi said:

I am having the same problem. The game just gets stuck at the title screen. Why are we paying for a game we can not play?

I guess that's the "royal we" in your post, because I very much *can* play.  (Please don't try to speak for everyone until you know that everyone has the same problem or wish that you do.)

This happened to me for 2 days after tuesday's update then they did a patch and I was able to play last evening and most of today, but now when I try to get into the game I am frozen on th Ruhnuk screen and I can't get rid of it so I have to restart my comp. I'll try again in the morning.

I really wish SWTOR would fix this issue, I'm subscribed and still can't log in, I get to the Ruhnuk title screen and no further. I wish they would get this problem solved as I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling along with the bug fixes in the launcher they mentioned they have mentioned to no effect. 

10 hours ago, GreyestJedi said:

I still can't log in. Game gets stuck on the Title Screen. I am paying for this game. Please fix this ASAP.

try this just in case if its the initial loading screen  https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795 @Terimbor

Edited by OwenBrooks

12 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Thank you so much for the reply,. Sorry to say, the game still will not go past the title screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Downloaded the June 2010 Direct X runtime and installed it. And I also tried to run SWTOR also on steam and still will not go past the title screen. I am paying for nothing if i can't play. And it sucks because if this continues I will not be able to participate in May the 4th celebrations.

12 hours ago, GreyestJedi said:

Can you make a post in the swtor technical support forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en and if you can provide a full dxdiag per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/true#M70799 would be beneficial 

The Saga continues. I still can't log in. Game gets stuck on the Title Screen. I tried the regular way and also on Steam. I am paying for this game. They need to fix this ASAP. I am paying for to play the game not be a QA tester and Bug documenter.

4 minutes ago, GreyestJedi said:

The Saga continues. I still can't log in. Game gets stuck on the Title Screen. I tried the regular way and also on Steam. I am paying for this game. They need to fix this ASAP. I am paying for to play the game not be a QA tester and Bug documenter.

I will be blunt.  BioWare is not going to fix this for you.  You're not going to get a resolution unless you put the effort in to resolve the issue, unfair as you may perceive it to be.  I'm not seeing any posts from you on https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en as Owen Brooks requested.  If you're not willing to continue working with volunteers like Owen Brooks to see if a fix can be identified then you may as well uninstall the game to reclaim your drive space, submit a request for a refund of your unused subscription time due to 64-bit client not working on your PC (not sure if BioWare will grant), and move on to something else.  Or continue to vent your understandable frustrations here if you want even if it's a waste of your time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1