Downloaded patch 3 times so far in the past 2 hours

Godnoom

first time, got the patch, launched fine, played for a while, then got notification that the servers were going down for maintenance.  I waited a while, then logged back in, the patch downloaded again.  Was able to get to the character selection screen and it was full of programming placeholders all over the screen, and when I hit ESC, it crashed to desktop.  Went back in.  Boom, started to download the patch again.  I am done for today, I will see if it pulls it's head out of its collective orifices' then. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, Godnoom said:

first time, got the patch, launched fine, played for a while, then got notification that the servers were going down for maintenance.  I waited a while, then logged back in, the patch downloaded again.  Was able to get to the character selection screen and it was full of programming placeholders all over the screen, and when I hit ESC, it crashed to desktop.  Went back in.  Boom, started to download the patch again.  I am done for today, I will see if it pulls it's head out of its collective orifices' then. 

Similar issue. Downloaded patch initially. Logged in and played several subsequent times, no problem. Logged in yesterday morning, no problem (April 1). Last night (also April 1), entire patch downloaded again. Shut down for the night after I got the download (didn't log in). This morning... downloading patch again 😡

I am in a similar situation though I just did a new install of the game. There are programming placeholders everywhere and UI elements are missing in game. I tried reinstalling the game but ended up with the same results. It feels like the patch is not downloading completely as it kinda just completes itself at one point.

1 hour ago, Tokagenji said:

I am in a similar situation though I just did a new install of the game. There are programming placeholders everywhere and UI elements are missing in game. I tried reinstalling the game but ended up with the same results. It feels like the patch is not downloading completely as it kinda just completes itself at one point.

try a game repair if it can activate https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M70804

Same thing just happened to me. I have played 3 times since the patch and tonight I had it download the patch then when I go to play I get the same error and now am installing the patch for a 3rd time. The problem is their end not on our end

I have two separate installations of SWTOR one German one English. Every time I start the English client the German client is corrupted. It downloads a 9.5GB "patch" and then texts/buttons disappear or are missing.

However I found a workaround (you have to have some PC knowledge otherwise you inflict MORE damage):
Make sure ALL folders are visible (system/hidden). If you don't know how to do this skip this guide.
Go to the folder C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings and look for the file "client_settings.ini"
Edit this file with a text editor  (notepad++ in my case).
Change the line "CodeVersionChanged = false" to "CodeVersionChanged = true"
Save & close. Then restart the launcher.

In my case it did a 5GB "patch" which was rather a 2.5GB patch that took roughly 5 minutes. After that the German client was fixed. At least until I started the English client again.
Unfortunately the text line gets reverted after starting the launcher - so if your client is corrupted again you have to do it all over again.

Maybe that helps.

May the force be with you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.