PVP Season 1 Rewards never received

jmonka

So I had held off posting this hoping CS would actually do something after I put a ticket in on this issue almost a month ago when the last season ended assuming it would get fixed quick and that an added post to an issue that would quickly be sorted would be of little help. However after several weeks of silence the ticket got closed with links to forum topics concerning Guilds... -not even remotely what my ticket/bug report was about... So I have put in another ticket and it's still open after around a week it seems. Now a whole new season of PVP has started without any resolution or acknowledgment of this issue with rewards from the last season (or looked at by someone that can understand english I am assuming considering the original response I got from CS)... I am doubtful I am the only one that ran into this bug, but considering the lack of interest the SWTOR team seems to have in it as a single ticket I thought I would at least post here in case others are also having this issue (and to warn people who might try grinding pvp season 2 rewards so they don't end up in the same place). 

So the problem: I started about half way through, but had ground out enough matches to make it to lvl 20 on PVP season 1. I had not claimed any of the rewards (aside from a couple decorations) immediately. I had (mistakenly) assumed there would either be (a) a countdown in game for the end of pvp season 1 like there was for the galactic seasons and/or (b) that when the pvp season ended any unclaimed rewards would get mailed to the first toon that I logged into as happens with Galactic Seasons. 

Both of those assumptions were wrong. And so when pvp season 1 ended I could no longer access the rewards track to claim my prizes. While all my unclaimed Galactic Seasons items did get mailed to the first toon I logged into the day after the seasons ended, the PVP seasons items DID NOT show up. So I was left having wasted hours and hours of grinding out a handful of pvp tokens (I wouldn't even be able to use for much for at least another season or two) wasted as well as no way to get the complete armor set I had unlocked (or the couple of pieces of the higher tier set that were unlocked) at the level I made it to by the end of the season. 

I have had inconsistent interactions with CS before, but I don't think I've ever put in a ticket that took over 3 weeks to just get closed without even being read (based on the completely irrelevant 'answer' to the ticket). 

Due to this I certainly won't be queuing for PVP in season 2 (not a big loss since I recognize that I'm mediocre at pvp that isn't Galactic Starfighter), but since it seems they need fodder for their queues it might still be relevant if a lot like me realize it's not worth the time/effort.

For those that are playing season 2 of PVP I would highly recommend claiming each level's rewards AS SOON as you unlock it so that you (hopefully) don't encounter a similar problem when the season does end.

And for those that also have had issues with this sort of bug, it's not just you and feel free to chime in in case the people that watch the boards have a more direct line to those that can fix issues like this than their CS team seems to now.  

My friend has the same issue. He didn't bother claiming items on the assumption that they will eventually be mailed to him or he'll be able to claim them before the next season and he didn't want to bother with inventory management. He has 100% of season achievements and didn't get a single reward other than the completion title and a few tokens. I don't know if CS will sort him out but if not then it will be grossly unfair. This needs to be looked at it.
Edited by KacperSygi

• 6 months later...

Somewhat related , I'm not 100% sure if I had ever received my season 2 pvp rewards or not , as the amount of pvp tokens in my inventory did not seem to reflect progress of all of season 1 and half of season 2, I only had 12 tokens. I'm also not 100% sure if the unclaimed rewards were mailed, as I had also received mail from the Galactic Seasons, which I did not claim in time as the character the mail was sent to had a terribly full inventory and cargo, and the mail expired within 30 days, or at least the GS rewards mail expired, as I can't recall if there was even a mail for the PVP rewards that had not been claimed. I had posted to CS regarding the expired GS rewards mail that I had not claimed and they responded telling me they couldn't resend the mail or restore the items unfortunately. This is undesirable and I would like to see a response to see if there are other claims of rewards not being sent, and in any case, unclaimed rewards mail shouldn't expire as its effort the player put into the game to participate in the season and punishing players for not making inventory space in a certain timeframe. I would prefer these rewards to be sent to the Cartel Item Stash or automatically unlock in collections , or have the mails not expire.