Unable to switch from Dark to Light Combat Style.

Enskojare

The title says it all.

Upon completing my Class Story (Sith Assassin), I selected the option to add a second Combat Style. At this point, I was Light 1.

Despite that, I was not given the option to switch my primary Combat Style to Jedi Shadow when selecting my second combat style.

EDIT: Never mind, never mind. Turns out the ability to swap from Light to Dark and vice versa only applies to characters that were created before 7.2.

Edited by Enskojare
Correction

1 hour ago, Enskojare said:

EDIT: Never mind, never mind. Turns out the ability to swap from Light to Dark and vice versa only applies to characters that were created before 7.2.

Incorrect.  You have to have reached rank V on the oppisite alignment (Dark V for Jedi that want Sith styles, or Light V for Sith that want Jedi styles) on at least one character (even a gun-class character) in order to take an opposite-style Force User style.

Nitpicky, but both are incorrect.

The Light V and Dark V Legacy achievements @SteveTheCynic mentioned are required in order to create a new Force user character with an opposite faction combat style (a Jedi Assassin or Sith Guardian, for example).  They are not required to be able to swap one's primary combat style to the mirror.  For that you need to have not unlocked those Legacy achievement and your character must be of the opposite alignment for the faction (i.e. a dark Jedi or a light Sith).  You much meet both criteria to be able to swap your primary combat style to the mirror.  If you have the relevant Legacy achievement unlocked then you will not be able to swap to the mirror because you can create new characters with those combat styles.

The only exception is for Force user characters created prior to 7.0, who will receive the option to swap their primary style to the mirror regardless of the Legacy achievements so long as they meet the alignment requirement.

@Enskojare, the reason you likely were not able to swap your Assassin's primary style to the mirror is because you already have the Light V Legacy achievement, meaning that you can create Sith with a Jedi combat style.  Having that achievement removes the option to swap the primary.

And yes, I disagree with BW's reasoning and think they should have allowed a one-time swap for ever Force user character.  It would have been perfect for role-play, which is a large part of playing an RPG.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

Nitpicky, but both are incorrect.

The Light V and Dark V Legacy achievements @SteveTheCynic mentioned are required in order to create a new Force user character with an opposite faction combat style (a Jedi Assassin or Sith Guardian, for example).  They are not required to be able to swap one's primary combat style to the mirror.  For that you need to have not unlocked those Legacy achievement and your character must be of the opposite alignment for the faction (i.e. a dark Jedi or a light Sith).  You much meet both criteria to be able to swap your primary combat style to the mirror.  If you have the relevant Legacy achievement unlocked then you will not be able to swap to the mirror because you can create new characters with those combat styles.

The only exception is for Force user characters created prior to 7.0, who will receive the option to swap their primary style to the mirror regardless of the Legacy achievements so long as they meet the alignment requirement.

@Enskojare, the reason you likely were not able to swap your Assassin's primary style to the mirror is because you already have the Light V Legacy achievement, meaning that you can create Sith with a Jedi combat style.  Having that achievement removes the option to swap the primary.

And yes, I disagree with BW's reasoning and think they should have allowed a one-time swap for ever Force user character.  It would have been perfect for role-play, which is a large part of playing an RPG.

Yup. Literally the reason why I wanted to change was because of headcanon, but nope I guess.

wtf bioware

10 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Oops, yes, thanks.  I was confusing it with "pick a cross-alignment second style.".  My bad.

I would say their implementation is too convoluted.  If they had just used the Legacy achievements to unlock the ability to create new characters with any combat style and allowed every Force user the option to swap based upon alignment it would be far more simple.

But why be simple and player friendly?

1 minute ago, Enskojare said:

wtf bioware

Completely agree.

• Like 1