The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unable to upgrade abilities

Lurkin_Goon

I'm not sure if it is my gear or rotation because watching some videos it shows them upgrading abilities to be more powerful and deal more damage like affliction is supposed to do 37k over time and for me it's only doing 3500 with the same set up they're running for solo story 

It's probably the level sync that gives you the impression that you do too little damage. When your level scales, your damage scales with it. So if you're lvl 80 and on Nar Shaddaa for example, you do a significantly less amount of damage than on Ruhnuk where you're not synced. 

41 minutes ago, Lurkin_Goon said:

I also am doing knights of fallen empire currently.  And my attacks are still striking low where everything is like lv70-80

are you constantly upgrading your gear? what is your current level and gear level?

57 minutes ago, Lurkin_Goon said:

I also am doing knights of fallen empire currently.  And my attacks are still striking low where everything is like lv70-80

make sure your abilities are selected in the character abilities panel (open the character sheet then select the abilities tab). Trainers don't do anything anymore (except for speeder piloting)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 8:13 PM, DWho said:

make sure your abilities are selected in the character abilities panel (open the character sheet then select the abilities tab). Trainers don't do anything anymore (except for speeder piloting)

Interesting. Why did that take that out? My abilities are trash  compared to the stuff I've seen on youtube.

When you reach level 80, the bolster system changes and you are much more gear dependant. This happens in such a way that a level 79 with crappy gear is much stronger than a 80 with the same gear.

You should drop whatever you're doing and get at least your starter green 324 Conquest gear, and get started on the legendary implants quests.

Welcome to the gearing treadmill, it sucks, you're gonna love it.