Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When one galactic season ends, the next should begin

AJediKnight

All I know is that without a galactic season in progress, there's a much lower factor motivating me to log in. IMO, seasons should be constant - the end of one should mark the beginning of the next. Having this gap at the conclusion of an event that lasts months anyway (and which most devoted players have cleared many, *many* weeks in advance of the timer being up), is ridiculous - especially when the seasons themselves are extremely light on content, and really just an extra motivator to grind daily content.

I don't feel like this is asking for the moon - you're talking about Bioware developing two costumes, a companion (which they seem to feel strongly about being a required part of these grinds), a handful of weapons, and one string of text-based fetch quests every, like, 3 months. That isn't some titanic burden - even for a game which seems to maintain a fairly healthy playerbase (not what they were originally hoping for, but at least consitent enough to keep the servers running), despite being eternally short of content. 

No, a few weeks of break between seasons is needed otherwise players woll get burn out much quicker. It would also be a far more predatory system since it would be designed to keep you playing it endlessly in an unhealthy manner, without any breaks.

• Like 7

They are cutting the time between seasons shorter, one month isn't too bad. Look at the time they took between S1 and S2, or S2 and S3. I'd agree that it shouldn't be instant, but a week or two would be enough for me. I finished Season 3 well before its end anyway, and I can't imagine anyone being burnt out by Galactic seasons. It's really not too taxing to keep up with them. So yes, I hope it's a pattern and that the time inbetween future seasons gets shortened further.

1 hour ago, AJediKnight said:

All I know is that without a galactic season in progress, there's a much lower factor motivating me to log in. IMO, seasons should be constant - the end of one should mark the beginning of the next. Having this gap at the conclusion of an event that lasts months anyway (and which most devoted players have cleared many, *many* weeks in advance of the timer being up), is ridiculous - especially when the seasons themselves are extremely light on content, and really just an extra motivator to grind daily content.

I don't feel like this is asking for the moon - you're talking about Bioware developing two costumes, a companion (which they seem to feel strongly about being a required part of these grinds), a handful of weapons, and one string of text-based fetch quests every, like, 3 months. That isn't some titanic burden - even for a game which seems to maintain a fairly healthy playerbase (not what they were originally hoping for, but at least consitent enough to keep the servers running), despite being eternally short of content. 

No thanks.  Galactic Seasons to this point have been 20 weeks or roughly five months per season.  Two Galactic Seasons per year with 1 month in between works for me.  Not interested in having Galactic Seasons always running without any break.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Char_Ell said:

No thanks.  Galactic Seasons to this point have been 20 weeks or roughly five months per season.  Two Galactic Seasons per year with 1 month in between works for me.  Not interested in having Galactic Seasons always running without any break.

I could agree with that.  A break is good and lets you work on other things/other games which holds off burnout.

Alternatively, if there is pretty much always a season running you would always have something to log in for.  In that case, spread the points over the length of the season in such a way that we would not be required to always play SWTOR and nothing else or risk losing out on season rewards.  By doing that, we can jump in and out as much and as often as we like.  Season 2 felt pretty well paced.  Although I was still scrambling a bit at the end, so maybe a bit less.

If a season lasts 5 months, 2 months of consistent play will get you everything.  Or play with the numbers, I don't know maybe 3 months of consistent play.  I'm sure you get the idea.

Everyone needs a break for everything or it losses the appeal.

1 month break is fine. The break makes people looking forward to a new season instead of the sense of having never ending tasks even though you can push to lv100 way before the season ends.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

No, a few weeks of break between seasons is needed otherwise players woll get burn out much quicker. It would also be a far more predatory system since it would be designed to keep you playing it endlessly in an unhealthy manner, without any breaks.

Yeaaaaa  i agree. It should be a few months between season at least if you ask me. It ends up feeling like a grind and i just want to flirt my way though the galaxy with fun story bits for the most part

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.