The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Currency Exchange for all in-Game Currencies

guibo

I think an exchange for all in game currencies would be a great addition, as there is so many currencies people are sitting on, and to be able to buy a currency you might need with all of that extra credits would be very welcome.  In addition, to be able to buy the different catalysts and such would be a big help for those looking to gear up for the harder content.  Who does not have a bunch of one or another type of currency and desires to change it into another type more in need at that moment?    I think this would also help the economy as it would keep certain credits/currencies from becoming stale in the banks.  

15 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

Exchange credits for endgame currency? No thanks. That would make endgame extremely P2W.

OP's wording was a little confusing since they seemed to use credits/currencies interchangeably, but I think they were saying to allow us to exchange the various non-credit currencies with each other. The most straightforward way to do that would probably be too let us exchange all the current currencies for tech frags (and vice-versa). I don't know enough about end-game gearing to know whether that's a good idea tho.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

Exchange credits for endgame currency? No thanks. That would make endgame extremely P2W.

It already is. You can already buy end game gear with cash (via Cartel Market items) through Sales Runs offered by a number of guilds.

3 hours ago, microstyles said:

OP's wording was a little confusing since they seemed to use credits/currencies interchangeably, but I think they were saying to allow us to exchange the various non-credit currencies with each other. The most straightforward way to do that would probably be too let us exchange all the current currencies for tech frags (and vice-versa). I don't know enough about end-game gearing to know whether that's a good idea tho.

Ah, well that one I would actually be in favor of. 

On 3/16/2023 at 11:40 AM, microstyles said:

Yes, I mostly mean to exchange endgame currencies such as those for gearing, as there are so many we are sitting on, and things like Ops catalysts drop at such a low rate.  If there was a way to trade some them for those currencies, it would be helpful.   This is not something you can buy in the Cartel Market.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:40 AM, microstyles said:

the entire point of the separate level 80 currencies is to prioritize that kind of content for that kind of gearing; if you want ops catalyst, do ops; if you want wz accelerant, do wzs

having them be freely interchangeable just brings back the core problem of 6.x, spamming the easiest thing over and over and over again until even the people who aren't taking the path of least resistance are sick of it

daily matrices need a sink though, I don't know what the devs were smoking when they added sinks to every single level 80 currency except that one

12 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

having them be freely interchangeable just brings back the core problem of 6.x

If BW were to ever do something like this, I don't think they'd let you exchange the currencies at a 1:1 ratio. They could do 2:1 or whatever to make sure that doing the content that matches the gear would still be the most efficient. In theory anyway.

14 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

the entire point of the separate level 80 currencies is to prioritize that kind of content for that kind of gearing; if you want ops catalyst, do ops; if you want wz accelerant, do wzs

having them be freely interchangeable just brings back the core problem of 6.x, spamming the easiest thing over and over and over again until even the people who aren't taking the path of least resistance are sick of it

daily matrices need a sink though, I don't know what the devs were smoking when they added sinks to every single level 80 currency except that one

The only point of all the currencies with various caps and other constraints is to artificially pad in time / add friction to gearing.

Also, there has been and continues to be a path of least resistance with 7.X gearing that involves repeating the same crap over and over, so your argument that this system somehow moves the game away from that style of gaming is false. 

Anyways OP, we don't need currency conversion as much as we need many of the existing currencies consolidated into far fewer end-game currencies. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would support having the ability to exchange in-game currencies with other in-game currencies.

EXAMPLE:

Exchange Dark side tokens for FP-1 or Completed Bounty Contracts.

But I wouldn't support exchanging in-game credits or cartel coins for in-game currencies or vice-versa.