Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Probably unpopular: I feel strongly that some classes need their ability bloat addressed

AJediKnight

"Sentinel has too many abilities"

LMAO

Go play a mobile game if you only want to use your index finger.

I mean, I'm way too old to play games that require excellent reflex like Elden Ring now but I don't go there and complain about how it should reduce the reflex time window because I know games like that are not made for me anymore.

• Like 1

Ability pruning/merging has ruined every MMO it's ever tried on. Heck Star Wars Galaxies ended up closing because their NGE/Combat update completely gutted what was once a fantastic game. Ability pruning is a scape goat for "I don't want to learn my class or a viable rotation and want 4-5 buttons I can line up in order and just click". It's boring.

One feature I miss from FFXIV was the ability to write macro's in game.

I had multiple macro's which would automatically swap my skill button for an active skill once activated. This worked well for proc'd skills and was able to turn 2 skills into 1 button. Activate skills A, loads up skill B in that same hotkey slot because skill B can not be used until skill A is used.

This could help alleviate some of the skills in SWTOR if they automatically swapped to the follow up skill.

Edited by remylion

6 hours ago, ShenLongKazama said:

I miss 6 sec force storm/quake.

I miss Master Strike.

I miss flamethrower.

I miss alot of abilities. 

I miss DPS.

You now take 10 times more damage that you can produce.

NPC's 20,000 to 50,000 damage per hit.

Player 2,000 to 5,000 Damage per hit.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:11 AM, remylion said:

One feature I miss from FFXIV was the ability to write macro's in game.

I had multiple macro's which would automatically swap my skill button for an active skill once activated. This worked well for proc'd skills and was able to turn 2 skills into 1 button. Activate skills A, loads up skill B in that same hotkey slot because skill B can not be used until skill A is used.

This could help alleviate some of the skills in SWTOR if they automatically swapped to the follow up skill.

The most recent patches in FF XIV even baked that into the games default UI now. Gunbreakers had a combo where you use Ability A, that triggered Ability B which Triggered Ability C. They rolled it all into one button so that when you fired off ability A, it becomes ability B, etc. Made a 5 button combo/macro into a 2 button macro instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BladedDingo said:

The most recent patches in FF XIV even baked that into the games default UI now. Gunbreakers had a combo where you use Ability A, that triggered Ability B which Triggered Ability C. They rolled it all into one button so that when you fired off ability A, it becomes ability B, etc. Made a 5 button combo/macro into a 2 button macro instead.

That's awesome. I may have to come back to FFXIV.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.