PROPOSAL: Modifications schematics re-distribution

coldcite

ARMSTECH - Barrels

ARTIFICE - Hilts/Crystals/Enhancements

CYBERTECH - Armoring/Mods

SLICING - Augmentations (??)

IMO crafting schematics are not evenly/logically distributed across trade skills and could use a redistribution, maybe cybertech getting more of them since they don't craft "anything mod-able" so to speak.

Something like...

ARMSTECH - Barrels

ARMORMECH - Armoring

ARTIFICE - Hilts

SYNTHWEAVING - Crystals (??)

CYBERTECH - Mods / Enhancements / (Augments?)

Thoughts on this? are we too late in to the game?

Edited by coldcite

I think Bioware's goal was distributing crafting skills around so no particular skill or two-skill combo would be self sufficient. They wanted to force crafters to rely on each other, their guild, the GTM, or whatever to get everything in the game. So that is why things are spread out the way they are.

I think Bioware's goal was distributing crafting skills around so no particular skill or two-skill combo would be self sufficient. They wanted to force crafters to rely on each other, their guild, the GTM, or whatever to get everything in the game. So that is why things are spread out the way they are.

I understand that, and the proposal doesn't change that, in fact, I would dare to say it encourages that interdependency (mod-wise) you speak of even more.

As of now, armormech doesn't have anything to craft regarding mods, while other crewskills can craft items usable on 2 slots or even 3 as you point out (didn't know about enhancements).

I believe an even spread will be the first step necessary to improve the whole modification system into something worth of investment.

Right, but the crafts that make the most mods are the crafts that don't make armor. That is the tradeoff. Several skills to make armor and several skills to make mods.

If armorsmithing made the armor and the armoring mod (the most crucial armor mod because it sets the armor level of the gear) there would be far less need for the other mods made by other skills.

Only one I'm confused on is why arms makes guns AND barrels. You got me on that one.

*edit* I mean it makes sense from a roleplaying perspective, but not from my "balance" argument that I pulled out of my behind.

Edited by Osirous

Only one I'm confused on is why arms makes guns AND barrels. You got me on that one.

It's a matter of logic, with Armstech you have a crewskill that can upgrade items on both paths: through normal progression (green->blue->purple) AND custom (mods).

That's exactly my point, every tradeskill should be able to upgrade a theme area on both lines of advancement.

I can't see how it is balanced right now, and as you point out, it would also make way more sense RP wise.

Edited by coldcite