The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Artifice Color Crystal Schematics

Jacksoundwave

Hello,

I have said this before: one of my favorite aspects of Star Wars is the Lightsaber Crystals. I always love it when a new type of Color Crystal is revealed, both in SWTOR and in Star Wars in general. I particularly like Crystals that are a unique single color, like the Mint-Green, Fuchsia, and most recently Magenta-White Crystal. Being able to make Color Crystals was the reason I decided to become an Artificer when I started way back in 2012.

Indeed, from what I have seen, Color Crystals are a popular part of Star Wars in general for a lot of other people too.

I have wanted to be able to craft the color crystals, and have worked to reverse-engineer as many as I could when it was still possible. When Reverse Engineering for schematics was nerfed, I had 2 Color Crystals I needed to acquire: Advanced Purple Eviscerating Crystal, and Advanced Cyan Eviscerating Crystal. It is upsetting me that there is no longer a way to be able to reverse engineer Color Crystals from the GTN to acquire their schematics, and I am not sure if there is any other way to reasonably acquire these Schematics.

I have heard rumors of some sort of "Crafting Revamp" coming up in a future update, and I wanted to suggest that maybe bring back the ability to Reverse Engineer GTN Crystals for schematics, maybe as a Subscriber bonus? Quite a few people feel the same as me, and reviving this feature could be a good incentive to subscribe, as Color Crystals are a big part of Star Wars, after all.

If that is not possible, maybe the schematics for Color Crystals such as Purple, Cyan, and Magenta be available from the Artifice Schematic Vendor? I would love to finally learn the Advanced Purple Eviscerating Crystal and the Advanced Cyan Eviscerating Crystal, and plus a lot more players have joined the game since the nerf, and are unable to craft these colors at all.

These are suggestions that I hope you will at least consider.

Thank you for your time.

Eviscerating Magenta schematic is still available as a world drop. I've gotten quite a few of them over the years and give a few away to guildmates each year. I think I get them from Black Hole daily area. I go there a lot for fast conquest points. Not sure about the other variations (Endurance and Power). Me personally, I wish they added a regular purple crystal to cartel market. I hate switching crafted crystals in my weapons, having to pull out the crystal to reuse it later unless I want to craft a new one again. Much more convenient to just grab a copy from collections and overwrite the old crystal.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 4:30 PM, ThanderSnB said:

Eviscerating Magenta schematic is still available as a world drop. I've gotten quite a few of them over the years and give a few away to guildmates each year. I think I get them from Black Hole daily area. I go there a lot for fast conquest points. Not sure about the other variations (Endurance and Power). Me personally, I wish they added a regular purple crystal to cartel market. I hate switching crafted crystals in my weapons, having to pull out the crystal to reuse it later unless I want to craft a new one again. Much more convenient to just grab a copy from collections and overwrite the old crystal.

That is actually an even better idea! They could have Cartel Market Crystal sets (Eviscerating, Hawkeye, War Hero, and Indestructible) of regular Blue, Green, Red, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Magenta and Cyan, so you can get more from collections without having to spend money or resources to make new ones. I just hope they would be the same as the regular crystals already out.

It could be a great way to earn some Cartel Coin money, from both the purchases and the Collections unlock! I would personally buy all of these crystal sets and the Collection unlocks!

Maybe they could also finally release the Black Color Crystal, the one that only NPC's currently use, onto the Cartel Market.

More on this here:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/912148-black-lightsaber-crystal-thats-actually-black-not-dark-grey/#comment-9739937

And yes, I am aware about the Magenta Eviscerating Schematics. 

EDIT: I really hope we can get BOTH this and the Reverse Engineering Schematics from GTN back.

Edited by Jacksoundwave

Eviscerating crystals are all but useless now (as they grant critical). In any synced content, critical is hard capped at a level that you get to just from the gear you acquire while leveling (all other abilities have a soft cap). The only place they still count is level 80 PVE content, and there the +41 crit is a drop in the bucket. You're better off using one of the other types for the color because at least then, they do contribute something outside of level 80 content.

2 hours ago, DWho said:

Eviscerating crystals are all but useless now (as they grant critical). In any synced content, critical is hard capped at a level that you get to just from the gear you acquire while leveling (all other abilities have a soft cap). The only place they still count is level 80 PVE content, and there the +41 crit is a drop in the bucket. You're better off using one of the other types for the color because at least then, they do contribute something outside of level 80 content.

Well, all the stats the crystals can increase are soft capped in level sync. No difference with critical ones. Whether Mastery, Endurance, Critical, or Power, they are all soft capped. And the higher the level, the worse the formula gets. Like level 30 might get 50% of their full critical on a planet, while level 80 only gets 10%. And that's pretty much the same with the other 3 stats too. The only uncapped stats are Accuracy, Alacrity, and Shield, but none are available from crystals. Crafters just like having all the schematics. It's completing their collection. They may never use them, but they still want to have the option.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

Just tested it and actually it looks like none of the crystals work in synced content now

Voss (65 crit with Evisceration, and 65 crit with Hawkeye)

Nar Shadaa Stronghold (1260 crit with Eviscerating and 1219 crit with Hawkeye)

Voss (329 Power with Hawkeye and 329 Power with Eviscerating)

Nar Shadaa Stronghold (8351 Power with Hawkeye and 8310 Power with Eviscerating)

I am aware there was a display bug at one time that caused switching crystals to not show up in the stats when you changed the crystal unless you unequipped and re-equipped the weapon (which I did after each change tested). Interestingly, when the weapon is not equipped, it shows the full (max level) stats even on synced planets (I suppose this is so the "upgrade" detection works correctly).

6 hours ago, DWho said:

Just tested it and actually it looks like none of the crystals work in synced content now

Voss (65 crit with Evisceration, and 65 crit with Hawkeye)

Nar Shadaa Stronghold (1260 crit with Eviscerating and 1219 crit with Hawkeye)

Voss (329 Power with Hawkeye and 329 Power with Eviscerating)

Nar Shadaa Stronghold (8351 Power with Hawkeye and 8310 Power with Eviscerating)

I am aware there was a display bug at one time that caused switching crystals to not show up in the stats when you changed the crystal unless you unequipped and re-equipped the weapon (which I did after each change tested). Interestingly, when the weapon is not equipped, it shows the full (max level) stats even on synced planets (I suppose this is so the "upgrade" detection works correctly).

That's good to know. When I tested it in 7.0, they were still working, but just giving tiny bonuses because of level sync. The only place they didn't work was in PvP, something a lot of people complained about. They must have changed this in 7.1 at the same time they made the other level sync changes.

As for the weapon thing, is it just weapons or any item? It would be interesting if, for example, you can unequip bracers and belt, lowering item level, but causing a better level sync formula. If this is true, it would mean you could have better stats during level sync by unequipping an item or two. It shouldn't work like this. I would consider it a bug if it's doing this, but I would definitely take advantage of it when doing heroics.

Edited by ThanderSnB

• 6 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread but it's the only one talking about crystals that seems relevant. Anyone know why I didn't get green war hero at all when advancing in Artifice? What the heck? Got practically every other color, looks like a sherbet factory, but not basic green? It is the only enhancement worth making, but I can't make them?

• Like 1