Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

discrimination against non-subscribers

ksareas

32 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i already answered you above ^^ , but  i'll do it again  no worries:  For any 'subscription' problems, you need to contact SUPPORT  ( not by posting on these forums ) .

The best way to access SWTOR  Support , for anyone , is to send an email to:  support@swtor.com

There is nothing "cumbersome" about sending an email , in my opinion.

Or at least, no more "cumbersome" than making a forum post and waiting just the same.

We return to the same thing, that email is nowhere officially, it is cumbersome and difficult to find officially

Steam

Web Oficial EA

Hundreds of questions on a page attached to the official SWTOR site and forum about subscriptions

I don't know if I'm blind or where the mail appears? Hundreds of posts on that EA page with the same problem, ie are we hundreds and thousands of people who for some magical reason can't get the mail or see it? and to make matters worse, a person who doesn't even work directly with bioware, a moderator is the one who deigns to help and solve this problem, which if he reads this comment, thank you very much for your work.

And I really ask you, am I wrong or is the information outright bad? I mean, how can you get help if you have to register again on the official ea website, many people don't even know the connection between swtor and ea and their forums, please, I only ask that you provide the basic information and if you are lazy at least let the people post their problems easily in the direct forum of the game

Edited by ksareas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

And for the opposing viewpoint - the only reason for "free to play" people is to artificially inflate user stats and make the game seem more active.

SWTOR is not a charity, and it takes income (money) to keep the game alive.

As a subscriber who actually pays for the game, I don't give a rat's a** about the inability of the free-loaders to post on the forums. (There's enough nonsense on here already)🙂 

😇

** Not everyone that is F2P is a free-loader!  It's just that simple.
** That said .. I do believe that if the forums up to one group (of non-subscribers) it's only right to open them up to everyone else.  Simply stated:  NO!  That will create a LOT of difficulties no doubt in hidden areas that most of us know little to nothing about.

IN the end this is a BW/EA decision.  They know what their resources are for properly monitoring the game and the forums.  Most games I've played over the last 15 + years have required being a subscriber in order to post on the forum boards.   I can understand it if SWTOR is the same!  As long as there is GOOD customer service / support for everyone who is playing SWTOR that should take care of any issues that arise.  

Issues with customer service ...  that's another matter/ another thread!

14 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

** Not everyone that is F2P is a free-loader!  It's just that simple.
** That said .. I do believe that if the forums up to one group (of non-subscribers) it's only right to open them up to everyone else.  Simply stated:  NO!  That will create a LOT of difficulties ....

I was in a 'mood' when I posted that. 😊

I was specifically referring to F2P people - those who spend nothing - as opposed to 'preferred' who often spend almost as much as subs. In my years of working with retail, I'm constantly reminded of how 'entitled' some people seem to feel. I mean, some people seem to think they have a 'right' to play SWTOR (or steal your software, or return items they broke, etc). 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

I was in a 'mood' when I posted that. 😊

I was specifically referring to F2P people - those who spend nothing - as opposed to 'preferred' who often spend almost as much as subs. In my years of working with retail, I'm constantly reminded of how 'entitled' some people seem to feel. I mean, some people seem to think they have a 'right' to play SWTOR (or steal your software, or return items they broke, etc). 🙄

I think that most agree that being preferred should at least give you access to write in the forum, after all you continue to have all the full content for several months or years until they release a new expansion and therefore you continue to contribute in one way or another way within the game, be it in pvp, in trade, in flashpoint, etc.

39 minutes ago, ksareas said:

I think that most agree that being preferred should at least give you access to write in the forum, after all you continue to have all the full content for several months or years until they release a new expansion and therefore you continue to contribute in one way or another way within the game, be it in pvp, in trade, in flashpoint, etc.

Count me as one of the people that don't really agree but recognize it's BioWare's decision to make.  They haven't allowed non-subscribers to have any forums access since the game launched in late 2011.  I'm somewhat ambivalent about the whole thing.  As a subscriber I'm not really sure that forums access provides me with recognizable value.  Dev posts are the greatest draw for me and I don't need a subscription to view those.  I can post about SWTOR and topics of interest elsewhere (e.g. Reddit) if I want.  However if these official SWTOR forums become even more of a slapfest than they already are I will likely participate less than I already do.   

If BioWare chooses to allow non-subscribers to post here then it will generate more posting traffic for them to moderate.  Even if they decide to limit topics and/or forums non-subscribers can post there will be more forum activity for BioWare to handle so if they make the decision to grant non-subscribers forums access I hope they're prepared to handle it.

39 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

Count me as one of the people that don't really agree but recognize it's BioWare's decision to make.  They haven't allowed non-subscribers to have any forums access since the game launched in late 2011.  I'm somewhat ambivalent about the whole thing.  As a subscriber I'm not really sure that forums access provides me with recognizable value.  Dev posts are the greatest draw for me and I don't need a subscription to view those.  I can post about SWTOR and topics of interest elsewhere (e.g. Reddit) if I want.  However if these official SWTOR forums become even more of a slapfest than they already are I will likely participate less than I already do.   

If BioWare chooses to allow non-subscribers to post here then it will generate more posting traffic for them to moderate.  Even if they decide to limit topics and/or forums non-subscribers can post there will be more forum activity for BioWare to handle so if they make the decision to grant non-subscribers forums access I hope they're prepared to handle it.

A solution could only be that they have access to certain topics within the forum, it is not necessary to write everywhere, just some important ones such as bugs, help for new ones and apart from a special section to solve subscription problems quickly and not as cumbersome as I said before that believe me it is a pain in the ass to find a solution

12 hours ago, ksareas said:

A solution could only be that they have access to certain topics within the forum, it is not necessary to write everywhere, just some important ones such as bugs, help for new ones and apart from a special section to solve subscription problems quickly and not as cumbersome as I said before that believe me it is a pain in the ass to find a solution

I agree with this. There must be something they can do within the forums ability to make free to play have only access to post in specific threads and not be able to make unnecessary other posts or topics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.