How to easily improve the An Explosive Return tactical

DarthEndonae

An Explosive Return currently just makes it so you deal ~25k AoE damage when you return to Phase Walk. You probably don't even know it exists because it's about as garbage as you can get for a tactical. I think this tactical could be improved to the point of being viable simply by adding the effects of the now-removed Shifting Silhouette / Ethereal Entity utility that previously had the following effect:

Using Phase Walk to return to your marked position grants Shifting Silhouette / Ethereal Entity, keeping you from being pulled or leapt to, making you immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback, and increasing your defense and resist chance by 30% for 10s. In addition, the cooldown of Phase Walk is reduced by 15s. 

Just adding that effect on its own would probably make me willing to take it in PvP for both DPS disciplines, especially Madness. However, I think there is more room for min-maxing where it would be better in PvP, but still not the best option for PvE. You could make the explosion knock enemies back, and up the base damage to something in the range of 50-75k. The longer cast would prevent it from being a single-target sustained DPS increase in PvE and offer important counterplay in PvP so you can't catch people by surprise by just plopping it down and immediately detonating it on a capture point.