Customer Support Refuses to Help

LemonsForScience

Hey so many years ago I defeated "The Ancient Threat" and got the titles associated. Recently I looked for the titles and found I possessed only two of them. I have "Speaker for the Dead" and "Grave Robber" but not the other two. I actually remember killing it from all those years ago and how much of a pain it was and I wouldn't be making a stink about this if I could just go find a group to redo it or if the customer service had been helpful but good luck finding a group that will still do Ancient Threat. The customer service told me that they wouldn't give me the titles because they cannot do it because they have no evidence I ever got it. Well I do. https://ibb.co/RjQ4BPH https://ibb.co/wp8WKQq https://ibb.co/HdRz5jn There's the other two titles. There's the missing title spots, and there's the trophy.

Edited by LemonsForScience

the speaker for the dead title I have as well. That one is for finding all the ghosts and connecting to their tablets on Yavin 4.  I use the title for my inquisitor (Darth Nox) though, because of all the story lines, the SI is the one who has ties to the dead.  You are able to get this title without doing Ancient Threat. I never got the Ancient Threat because I couldn't get a group together. I don't have Grave Robber title though as I encountered the same bug others did on the forums in this post from a  thread back in 2015:

I pretty much gave up on it then.

So I opened yet another ticket and this time I didn't get the canned response 12hrs later. In fact the ticket remained open for 7 days and I actually had my hopes up.

Were they looking into the issue?

Would I get the achievement warded to me?

Then, this morning:

Greetings xxxxx,

My name is Florent, from Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

However, to allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bug list which can be found at the top of our Bug Forums here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue directly.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Regards,

Florent,

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

So no. No fix, no nothing. I've already filled in bug report after bug report to no avail. This is obviously not "a bug" because, as has been said many times, many, many people have completed this achievement without issue. It is my account (and some others) that is bugged. These is something on our accounts that is stopping us from getting the achievement. It is not faction related, it is not class related. It is either each of the 4 characters I've tried to gain this achievement with or my account that is bugged.

I don't mind "that much" when an achievement is bugged. There are many that people have been unable to get because it is "bugged for all". But when something is bugged for only a few you know it will never get fixed and it is the little things like this that are so damn annoying.

I shall fill in more bug reports, but I think it's safe to say this will never be investigated and fixed for us who are having this issue. BW/EA are now concentrating on the next expansion and as they have already heavily indicated/hinted at the current 1-50 being streamlined, they will just cut-out anything that isn't working correctly.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Shayddow said:

the speaker for the dead title I have as well. That one is for finding all the ghosts and connecting to their tablets on Yavin 4.  I use the title for my inquisitor (Darth Nox) though, because of all the story lines, the SI is the one who has ties to the dead.  You are able to get this title without doing Ancient Threat. I never got the Ancient Threat because I couldn't get a group together. I don't have Grave Robber title though as I encountered the same bug others did on the forums in this post from a  thread back in 2015:

I pretty much gave up on it then.

So I opened yet another ticket and this time I didn't get the canned response 12hrs later. In fact the ticket remained open for 7 days and I actually had my hopes up.

Were they looking into the issue?

Would I get the achievement warded to me?

Then, this morning:

Greetings xxxxx,

My name is Florent, from Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

However, to allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bug list which can be found at the top of our Bug Forums here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue directly.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Regards,

Florent,

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

So no. No fix, no nothing. I've already filled in bug report after bug report to no avail. This is obviously not "a bug" because, as has been said many times, many, many people have completed this achievement without issue. It is my account (and some others) that is bugged. These is something on our accounts that is stopping us from getting the achievement. It is not faction related, it is not class related. It is either each of the 4 characters I've tried to gain this achievement with or my account that is bugged.

I don't mind "that much" when an achievement is bugged. There are many that people have been unable to get because it is "bugged for all". But when something is bugged for only a few you know it will never get fixed and it is the little things like this that are so damn annoying.

I shall fill in more bug reports, but I think it's safe to say this will never be investigated and fixed for us who are having this issue. BW/EA are now concentrating on the next expansion and as they have already heavily indicated/hinted at the current 1-50 being streamlined, they will just cut-out anything that isn't working correctly.

Man that is super crappy. I earned it fair and square. It was a huge pain in the backside to do and no one is going to do it nowadays. Is there really no recourse?