Suggestions: Part 3

xlimitsq

Suggestions:

Spawn boosted combat styles near training dummies.

Allow us to preview gear from chat while we're in a story cutscene.

Let purchased items from the GTN go into our inventory unless it's full, then it would go into our mailbox. 

Give our inventory tabs in addition to a full inventory widening that space between the bottom numbers and the inventory slots.

Create an "aggro-counter," which enables one to purchase completed layers of missions they already completed.

Create a less time-consuming way to add cosmetics to our armor/weapons, such as a closet and every new piece of armors appearance would get added to the closet. This would impact the dye market. ((Inspired by some appearance being Bound to Inventory (Cargo hold) while others are Bound to Legacy (Legacy Hold))).

A notification that "You have already invited this person to your guild X (to 30 minutes) ago."

Compliments:

No issue with all sounds at maximum volume.

Ability to switch layouts via decorations.

Giving tanks an ability to close the gap between their DPS and gear, putting the exclamation on roles.

The one-hour rule for receiving mail.

Water effects without requiring an encounter in the water or wasting not our time getting us "stuck in the mud."

4 minutes ago, xlimitsq said:

Suggestions:

Spawn boosted combat styles near training dummies.

"Boosted combat styles" ?  Do you mean "boosted characters", i.e. start-at-70 types?  Or "second combat styles chosen at high level"?  Or something else, and if so, what?

Allow us to preview gear from chat while we're in a story cutscene.

Curious.  Most people who've commented on chat in cutscenes want to be able to hide it so it doesn't pop up over their cutscene.

Let purchased items from the GTN go into our inventory unless it's full, then it would go into our mailbox. 

I'm not sure why this adds much, since there's usually a mailbox somewhere near GTN terminals.  Well, except in badly laid-out strongholds (in which case you should have a long heart-to-heart chat with whoever decorated the stronghold... ;) ) and some of the player ships, especially the Trooper/Agent/Smuggler/BH ones.

So OK, yes, it would be interesting, although I can see some weirdness popping up around purchases of crafting materials, as it would probably go directly into the Materials storage area, and people would start complaining about never having received them...

Give our inventory tabs in addition to a full inventory widening that space between the bottom numbers and the inventory slots.

Not sure I follow what you're looking for here.  Adding tabs to inventory suggests also adding more inventory space, and without better ways to find stuff in inventory/storage, that might be annoying...

Create an "aggro-counter," which enables one to purchase completed layers of missions they already completed.

You mean "already completed on another character" for story missions?  Or "heroics and other repeatables I already did before on this character"?

A notification that "You have already invited this person to your guild X (to 30 minutes) ago."

Would that notify me if my fellow guildie sent the previous invitation?

43 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

"Boosted combat styles" ?  Do you mean "boosted characters", i.e. start-at-70 types?  Or "second combat styles chosen at high level"?  Or something else, and if so, what?

Curious.  Most people who've commented on chat in cutscenes want to be able to hide it so it doesn't pop up over their cutscene.

I'm not sure why this adds much, since there's usually a mailbox somewhere near GTN terminals.  Well, except in badly laid-out strongholds (in which case you should have a long heart-to-heart chat with whoever decorated the stronghold... ;) ) and some of the player ships, especially the Trooper/Agent/Smuggler/BH ones.

So OK, yes, it would be interesting, although I can see some weirdness popping up around purchases of crafting materials, as it would probably go directly into the Materials storage area, and people would start complaining about never having received them...

Not sure I follow what you're looking for here.  Adding tabs to inventory suggests also adding more inventory space, and without better ways to find stuff in inventory/storage, that might be annoying...

You mean "already completed on another character" for story missions?  Or "heroics and other repeatables I already did before on this character"?

Would that notify me if my fellow guildie sent the previous invitation?

1. Boosting a combat style is the same as boosting the level of the character. If I had to be more specific on most of my posts I'd be condescending, and these suggestions are standing, not demands, meaning I try to be as specific as possible without being annoying.

2. Pressing enter brings up the chat window, which means you don't miss important conversations while a cutscene has started.

3. Of course, materials would go to the material section. I'm not God.

4. Maybe my GTN suggestion would complement this.

5. Story missions. I wasn't expecting an account-wise adjustment.

6. You have a point here.

3 hours ago, xlimitsq said:

1. Boosting a combat style is the same as boosting the level of the character. If I had to be more specific on most of my posts I'd be condescending, and these suggestions are standing, not demands, meaning I try to be as specific as possible without being annoying.

Simply saying "boosted characters" instead of "boosted combat styles" would have been enough, because we all know what "boosted character" means, while "boosted combat styles" is a bit unusual.

Current start-at-70 characters start on Odessen, so the suggestion is more or less equivalent to "please put training dummies on Odessen", which is a pretty reasonable idea.

• Thanks 1