Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

DRM cap vs. weekly cap

Dekibra

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm, i thought that was just the  DAILY  cap , no?

So the  Weekly is  still attainable, no?

since when have currencies a daily cap?

I mean, look at the OP and WZ currencies, the bold printed cap is equal to the weekly cap (1,200 each), the FP currency has a bold 2,500 cap and a lower weekly cap (1,200) - doing it the other way around with the DRMs is an oversight, someone got confused with the numbers, it doesn't make sense

Patch notes match what I see in game.  1,200 is the cap for Daily Resource Matrix but you can earn up to 2,500 in a week instead of the 1,200 it was pre-7.2a.  So if a player is really grinding the DRM's they need to also spend them before hitting the 1,200 cap.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12202022/game-update-7.2a (emphasis mine)

• Increased the weekly cap of the following currencies to 2500 (up from 1500):
      • Conquest Commendations
      • Daily Resource Matrix

Edited by Char_Ell
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Char_Ell said:

Patch notes match what I see in game.  1,200 is the cap for Daily Resource Matrix but you can earn up to 2,500 in a week instead of the 1,200 it was pre-7.2a.  So if a player is really grinding the DRM's they need to also spend them before hitting the 1,200 cap.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12202022/game-update-7.2a (emphasis mine)

•  

ok, putting it like this makes a little more sense, thanks!

but still - why not make it 2,500 period, like with the commendations - me iz still confused ^^

5 minutes ago, Dekibra said:

ok, putting it like this makes a little more sense, thanks!

but still - why not make it 2,500 period, like with the commendations - me iz still confused ^^

Glad that helped.  Unfortunately I think I am unable to really clear up your confusion as I think your question is really more along the lines of "why have a weekly cap that exceeds the maximum cap for DRM's?"  That is something only BioWare can answer.

Conquest Commendations in 7.2 were 1,500/week with 2,500 cap.  This changed to 2,500 per week with 7.2a but the cap is still 2,500.  To reiterate the only cap that changed for both Conquest Commendations and Daily Resource Matrix in 7.2a was the weekly cap, not the overall cap.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.