Hide Weapon

Ergecrs

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DanielAstrol said:

Yeah, I support this. I have a civilian outfit for my Jedi, where not having a weapon (depending on the main class) would be nice. If they were able to make a toggle for hiding the helmet, it can't be hard for the weapons or the hood.

Easier for the hood than for weapons, because the functionality of hiding your hood already exists in the game, just not on a toggle switch.

50 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Easier for the hood than for weapons, because the functionality of hiding your hood already exists in the game, just not on a toggle switch.

I have to admit that the programming side of things does make it more difficult than it appears on the surface.   Actually, I kind of like the idea particularly when we go to cut scenes! ESPECIALLY for the trooper and that massive cannon! OY VEY !!  [/facepalm]

1 hour ago, OlBuzzard said:

I have to admit that the programming side of things does make it more difficult than it appears on the surface.   Actually, I kind of like the idea particularly when we go to cut scenes! ESPECIALLY for the trooper and that massive cannon! OY VEY !!  [/facepalm]

I *like* the cannon (that's why I mained a Gunnery Commando for a *long* time!), but there are Smuggler cut-scenes that fail very badly because they were designed when Smugglers had only pistols, and the cannon obscures substantial parts of the action if I take Commando as a Smuggler's combat style.

8 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I *like* the cannon (that's why I mained a Gunnery Commando for a *long* time!), but there are Smuggler cut-scenes that fail very badly because they were designed when Smugglers had only pistols, and the cannon obscures substantial parts of the action if I take Commando as a Smuggler's combat style.

Sorry ...  my bad !!  Wrong type of cut scenes!  I should have clarified!  I was referring to a couple of the non-combat scenes!  IIRC there is one where the Commando is actually lying down ..  and yet the cannon stuck underneath him!  (That's gotta hurt!!)  😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Sorry ...  my bad !!  Wrong type of cut scenes!  I should have clarified!  I was referring to a couple of the non-combat scenes!  IIRC there is one where the Commando is actually lying down ..  and yet the cannon stuck underneath him!  (That's gotta hurt!!)  😉

The same sort of thing happens with rifles and back-carry lightsabres, vibroswords, electrostaffs and dualsabres.  And yes, it's annoying.  (And I was thinking of the non-combat Smuggler scenes, where the camera looks at the scene *through* where a weapon that sticks up above the shoulder ends up being.)

5 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The same sort of thing happens with rifles and back-carry lightsabres, vibroswords, electrostaffs and dualsabres.  And yes, it's annoying.  (And I was thinking of the non-combat Smuggler scenes, where the camera looks at the scene *through* where a weapon that sticks up above the shoulder ends up being.)

[/facepalm] .. YUP !  Those too!