The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Republic Trooper Dye Modules

It would be awesome if you made dye modules available that correspond to the different trooper NPCs we see throughout the game. It would make creating uniforms for the Trooper storyline and trooper companions like Felix and Rusk super easy. For example:

- Republic Trooper White and Blue Dye Module: Identical to the white and blue seen on troopers patrolling Carrick Station and Corellia.

- Republic Trooper White and Orange Dye Module: Identical to the troopers from most promotional material or like the adaptive sets on Carrick Station's vendor.

- Republic Trooper Camo Dye Module: Identical to the green camo used by Republic troopers on Taris.

- Havoc Squad White and Red Dye Module: Identical to the color palette used for the Havoc Squad armor already available on the CM.

It's a simple QoL dye request and one I think should be simple to implement. I realize it isn't the most pressing request on here but it would go a long way for people like me who are OCD and fixate on consistency and uniformity of military attire.

Edited by TheOneWhoLives
  • Like 3

Fairly certain almost all these colors are either available as basic craftable dyes or from the CM already. 

Edit: the portion that is different is the 'white and...' for the craftable ones. The CM dyes, specifically mostly the ones that are not for direct sale, often do have a white with a secondary color, as mentioned. 

Edited by arunav

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 10:31 AM, TheOneWhoLives said:

It would be awesome if you made dye modules available that correspond to the different trooper NPCs we see throughout the game. It would make creating uniforms for the Trooper storyline and trooper companions like Felix and Rusk super easy. For example:

- Republic Trooper White and Blue Dye Module: Identical to the white and blue seen on troopers patrolling Carrick Station and Corellia.

- Republic Trooper White and Orange Dye Module: Identical to the troopers from most promotional material or like the adaptive sets on Carrick Station's vendor.

- Republic Trooper Camo Dye Module: Identical to the green camo used by Republic troopers on Taris.

- Havoc Squad White and Red Dye Module: Identical to the color palette used for the Havoc Squad armor already available on the CM.

It's a simple QoL dye request and one I think should be simple to implement. I realize it isn't the most pressing request on here but it would go a long way for people like me who are OCD and fixate on consistency and uniformity of military attire.

Don't forget dyes for displaying ranks, my friend.

12 hours ago, TheOneWhoLives said:

I don't remember seeing any rank insignias in the game. Besides, adding decals to dyes wouldn't be viable due to the different armor styles there are.

Don't forget, during the early part of the Clone Wars, the colors on Phase 1 Armor denoted a Clone Trooper's rank, not the later use of color to show their unit.

Commanders were Yellow - so the PC Trooper.

Senior Officers were Red - so whoever the Trooper choses as their 2inC in Chapter 2, Elara or Jorgan.

Junior Officers were Blue - Which would likely be the other from that choice.

Noncommissioned Officers were Green - One or both of Tanno Vik and Yuun

Troopers had plain white armor - Fourex and the other of Vik/Yuun if both weren't given green.

Of course, this is my theory, I could be wrong.

In the Old Republic, the colors seem to denote battalion or unit. Take the squad in the Taris HEROIC for Imperials. They all have red markings on their armor. Additionally, the cinematics show the original Havoc Squad using red markings on white armor. I just want to have uniform consistency in my Havoc Squad since the CM armor lacks the squad insignia.