The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Purchase to make them part of Collections

greenhor

This will apply to ALL or ANY set items or weapons or gear or crystal or anything to add to collections. Don't even equip or use it. Once you buy it, it's added to your collections. I can't believe it hasn't happened yet in all those updates up till about the current 7 point whatever one. Sorry for my tone, but I had this thing where I brought a Cyber Agent set from cartel market. I had just returned to play, but I forgot I was supposed to equip ALL and EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ARMOR to add to collections. Instead, I just put them in as outfits and destroyed TWO PIECES of armor. In my own stupidity, I lost my chance of having it to be part of collections for all my other characters. SO, I have to wait for two of these pieces of armor to become available CHEAP in GTN. However, GTN prices are nearly atrocious and or nearly too high. The last couple times I checked to see of Cyber Agent armor was there, it totaled nearly 500 million credits. It may seem easy to grind to get those credits, but if I know me, I barely can't even afford a single item that cost a mil credits.

THAT SAID, and sorry for rant, but PLEASE, make this happen. You buy the set from cartel market, it will automatically be added to collections. WITHOUT having to equip it. It should have happened by now, so PLEASE make it happen.

Edited by greenhor

• greenhor changed the title to Purchase to make them part of Collections
1 hour ago, greenhor said:

THAT SAID, and sorry for rant, but PLEASE, make this happen. You buy the set from cartel market, it will automatically be added to collections. WITHOUT having to equip it. It should have happened by now, so PLEASE make it happen.

The only way they'd do that is if they also change all CM items to Bind-on-Pickup or Bind-to-Legacy(-on-Pickup), otherwise we could get the "unlocked on this character" thing *and* sell the gear to other players.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:13 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

The only way they'd do that is if they also change all CM items to Bind-on-Pickup or Bind-to-Legacy(-on-Pickup), otherwise we could get the "unlocked on this character" thing *and* sell the gear to other players.

Very true

The current system is designed so you can sell individual items from a set purchase.(lockbox)

I don't see any obvious solutions without disrupting others

Looks like a catch -22 where you must learn from your lesson 😕

4 minutes ago, Dein_Cathair said:

Very true

The current system is designed so you can sell individual items from a set purchase.(lockbox)

I don't see any obvious solutions without disrupting others

Looks like a catch -22 where you must learn from your lesson 😕

I want to be real clear here, this is the type of issue that comes up in games all the time

Change one system and you affect others negatively

Change it and many others will come to the forums and complain that they can no longer buy single items from a container.

The devs must determine which group is larger and thusly more affected.

IMO an easy solution is:

1 Lesson in starter tips and tuts on erbsite and in the game ui 

2 Make it common knowledge that all set items must be consumed to trigger the transfer availability

IMO that's the fix without creating drama