Can't launch game, can't repair

J_Craver

I recently got a new SSD, which necessitated reinstalling SWTOR.

When I go into the launcher and try to log in, I get a red banner saying that the launcher is checking for updates. This banner then disappears, giving me a chance to log in. When I do, a spinning blue circle that I take to mean loading appears. This circle turns and turns endlessly, never resolving the operation.

When I went to the install wizard to uninstall SWTOR, I received an option to repair it. This then returns the following error message:

"The install wizard is unable to complete the repair of Star Wars: The Old Republic due to the following problem:

Failed to access content on disk

Write operation

Operating system error

Resource not found"

Uninstalling SWTOR, deleting SWTOR_setup.exe, and redownloading does not fix the problem.

• 1 month later...

Spinning blue wheel is different than play button not working. Often it means antivirus might be blocking the launcher/game. Make sure you have the SWTOR launcher and game .exe files exempt in your antivirus. Other things to try is to run the launcher and game in admin mode and/or Windows 7 compatibility mode.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 3:10 PM, J_Craver said:

I recently got a new SSD, which necessitated reinstalling SWTOR.

When I go into the launcher and try to log in, I get a red banner saying that the launcher is checking for updates. This banner then disappears, giving me a chance to log in. When I do, a spinning blue circle that I take to mean loading appears. This circle turns and turns endlessly, never resolving the operation.

When I went to the install wizard to uninstall SWTOR, I received an option to repair it. This then returns the following error message:

"The install wizard is unable to complete the repair of Star Wars: The Old Republic due to the following problem:

Failed to access content on disk

Write operation

Operating system error

Resource not found"

Uninstalling SWTOR, deleting SWTOR_setup.exe, and redownloading does not fix the problem.

I'm currently experiencing the same thing. I have uninstalled the game and am redownloading it again.

Did you eventually got this fixed?

7 minutes ago, Scianto said:

I'm currently experiencing the same thing. I have uninstalled the game and am redownloading it again.

Did you eventually got this fixed?

Note: one of the NA servers is bloody down.
If you are trying to sign into that one (as you likely are trying to auto-sign into it), then you get this sort of appearance of not logging in.
Check the server status, it is just that they bloody forgot to put in an option for the loader to give you other bloody server options to sign into, if the one it autoselects happens to be in bloody limbo.

14 minutes ago, myrdinn said:

Note: one of the NA servers is bloody down.
If you are trying to sign into that one (as you likely are trying to auto-sign into it), then you get this sort of appearance of not logging in.
Check the server status, it is just that they bloody forgot to put in an option for the loader to give you other bloody server options to sign into, if the one it autoselects happens to be in bloody limbo.

Yes, this is the problem. At least now it shows now that SF is down.
Sadly I only play on this server. 

Wish it wouldn't have wasted time troubleshooting and reinstalling the game. X(

Ahh well, hopefully it is up again tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Scianto said:

Yes, this is the problem. At least now it shows now that SF is down.
Sadly I only play on this server. 

Wish it wouldn't have wasted time troubleshooting and reinstalling the game. X(

Ahh well, hopefully it is up again tomorrow.

*thumbs up*

On 11/30/2022 at 2:11 AM, xordevoreaux said:

Install via Steam, zero issues.

I'm a steam player. It keeps for me at least opening the game. I get past the login screen and then it'll play the sound but never move past the load screen. And then it will give me an error message saying that the application won't respond.

7 hours ago, DuskDawnTwilight said:

I'm a steam player. It keeps for me at least opening the game. I get past the login screen and then it'll play the sound but never move past the load screen. And then it will give me an error message saying that the application won't respond.

Best thing I can say is Alt+F4 and try again, and make sure all of your Windows updates, virus checker updates, ect., have settled down and done their thing before playing.

• 4 months later...