The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rarest cartel items in the game?

Tzosin

So I’ve just returned after 6 or so years… 

curious on rarest cartel items in the game & prices they go for on GTN.

Kicking myself as I used Executioners Maw & Callous Conquer set before I quit but still have some other items, weapons, pets & mounts.

any help appreciated

in order of what I have found rarity to be due to these items never being sold on the Cartel Market.

1. Woodland Mewvorr
  2. Seasoned Veterans
  3. Covert Pilot
  4. Experimental Pilot
  5. Thorn Containment
  6. Sand People Pilliger
  7. Investigator Set
  8. CZ-13k Set
  9. Destroyer Set
  10. Outlaw Set
  11. Czerka Pistol/Rifle/Sniper Rifle/Assault Cannon
  12. R-30017 Aikion Blaster
  13. Vindicator Lightsaber/Dualsaber
  14. CorSec Electrobaton
  15. Gamorrean Axe
  16. TM-59 Blaster Pistol

These items and sets are rare because they haven't been on the CM in years. Hopefully someone at Bioware sees this list and puts a few of these items back up for sale.

Edited by illgot

There is no "rare" item. It is merely what is selling for the highest outrageous price. The people who try to sell for over the cap of 4.29B are complete fools. You are trusting that the other party will come up with the remaining credits. Most likely, they'll take the item you sold and log out. The max price for anything should be 4.29B. Anyone selling for higher? Ignore them. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, ReveredDead said:

There is no "rare" item. It is merely what is selling for the highest outrageous price. The people who try to sell for over the cap of 4.29B are complete fools. You are trusting that the other party will come up with the remaining credits. Most likely, they'll take the item you sold and log out. The max price for anything should be 4.29B. Anyone selling for higher? Ignore them. 

this is incorrect. There is a list of items Bioware has not sold directly in years and I am not sure they are on the loot tables for Cartel Packs. Because of this there are rare items and CM items in game. Not every item in Collections is sold on the Cartel Market.

Edited by illgot

On 11/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, ReveredDead said:

People trade around the character credit limit by trading in increments, with items worth the credit limit in return, before the final transaction is made. It's a pain and generally not worth doing, but, as has been discussed here and elsewhere, many folks have absurd amounts of credits and in-game 'assets'. If something isn't being sold on the CM any longer, or a player doesn't want to shell out the CCs for it after it's no longer found on the GTN, it can sometimes be worth it to pay a large sum of credits for an item. 

Inflation hasn't gotten so out of control yet that this is necessary outside of a few very specific CM items. All others are sold well below the character credit cap.