The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dyes

Nikyrian

Guys, please make the Color Dye legacy unlocked like most of the CM items.

Every time you've got to buy them again and again and most of them and I mean the rare ones are very expensive if it's CM or GTN either. Also it's another step to decrease the inflation...

9 minutes ago, Nikyrian said:

Also it's another step to decrease the inflation...

Uhm, how exactly would that be true if there no longer were any further costs to use the same dye again?

Without being traded via GTN no credits would taken out of the game by the GTN tax any longer, so that would actually make inflation worse.

Now while in general I understand where the wish for dyes either being reusable or in collection at minimal or zero costs come from, they were meant to be one time use/consumable items from the very beginning, before there even was a CM, in order to encourage crafting and trade among players. Sure, certain CM dyes are really expensive, on the other hand there are also often alternatives through crafting or reputation vendors that are far cheaper to get. Black/black is a favourite and really really expensive, though with a lot of armours primary black variants from Artifice or the CM reputation vendors at the bazaar have pretty much the same outcome due to parts of an armour often not getting recoloured anyway.

From a business point of view it's very unlikely that EA/Bioware would give up the money from the current concept of dyes just like that. If that ever would be implemented in consequence I'd assume the unlock costs for collections would turn out to be quite high, to offset what the repeated sales won't bring in any longer. Not sure if that really would be better and what people want.

So I'd rather have some cool new colours being added to the Artifice crew-skill instead of a general change of how dyes work. Either directly or by getting new schematics from some coming faction vendors.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Khaleijo said:

Black/black is a favourite and really really expensive, though with a lot of armours primary black variants from Artifice or the CM reputation vendors at the bazaar have pretty much the same outcome due to parts of an armour often not getting recoloured anyway.

My favourite for this purpose (substitute for Black/Black) is Black/Deep Red.  It's crafted using a schematic from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon.