Fps drops starting onslaught exp and all planets and FPS after

Cuddyx

on 14th of October my game closed down and i restarted it with launcher and then it suddenly started downloading some files, after i got back into the game  Ossus,onderon,Dantooine, mek-sha, AND all Fps's according with these planets and story have major FPS drops im 100% sure it isn't a  hardware issue as everything worked and ran smoothly before this update  i love SWTOR but this is severely degrading my joy  since im gonna see if by upgrading my CPU and graphics card mabye helps  and its the only option i have left to try and solve these FPS drops on these specific planet  i just find it weird that everything worked smoothly for a year and 3 months and then this update happens and suddenly i have these fps drops ill see what my new hardware gives by end of  november if problem is fixed good otherwise its a game killer tho , i had hoped mabye with the maintenance and update to 7.1.1 it might've been fixed but currently all of these planet are close to unplayable  nothing works luckly ive done all story content soo i got lucky with that so i don't have to go through excruciating pain of playing this through with major FPS drops !

Edited by Cuddyx

On 10/24/2022 at 3:10 AM, Cuddyx said:

on 14th of October my game closed down and i restarted it with launcher and then it suddenly started downloading some files, after i got back into the game  Ossus,onderon,Dantooine, mek-sha, AND all Fps's according with these planets and story have major FPS drops im 100% sure it isn't a  hardware issue as everything worked and ran smoothly before this update  i love SWTOR but this is severely degrading my joy  since im gonna see if by upgrading my CPU and graphics card mabye helps  and its the only option i have left to try and solve these FPS drops on these specific planet  i just find it weird that everything worked smoothly for a year and 3 months and then this update happens and suddenly i have these fps drops ill see what my new hardware gives by end of  november if problem is fixed good otherwise its a game killer tho , i had hoped mabye with the maintenance and update to 7.1.1 it might've been fixed but currently all of these planet are close to unplayable  nothing works luckly ive done all story content soo i got lucky with that so i don't have to go through excruciating pain of playing this through with major FPS drops !

I agree there is an issue. I have a brand new gaming pc and really good fiber. I haven't had any issues with fps and I play on Star Forge from europe. 

This past week I have had fps drops from Iokath, the fleet, my ship and strongholds up to over 200k where I can't even travel out and then it disconnects me from the game or I have to completely shut it down. Sometimes I can't get back in because it says the server is offline which it is not.

Something in this last patch perhaps?Not sure what is going on, but I haven't had this issue since the early days of SWToR.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Define. Major. FPS. Drops.

Do you mean "60 to 59", which some folks like to claim is completely inacceptable?

If not, do you mean 80 to 60?

90 to 40?

3 to 2.9999999?

What?

i have new pc now much better specs and up to date hardware and installing swtor atm so ill see what it gives but on my old pc with Major FPS drops i ment on Ossus , onderon, mek-sha , manaan and RuN  i had fps drops from 70 down to 15-19 and on dantooine from 70 don to 25-27 at that time i posted this but this only happend after that 1st supposed launcher update