Companion "crossover" relationships, interactions and related items

OlBuzzard

I'm not expecting an overwhelming reaction to this request since companion interactions are for the most part pretty much dead!  (Which to be candid about it is pretty sad really).  BUT if that were NOT the case there is something that has been in the back of my mind since the release of KotFE / ET.  This centers around companions that we normally did not have access to prior to KotFE due to our particular faction.

As couple of examples of this might be (light side characters) Vette and Gault.  There are considerably more I know.  But for the sake of a "brief" discussion I simply chose these.  Another that show up: Kira Carsen (Light side) for example.  This is due not so much as to our faction ... but rather the class of our character...  Say that of a smuggler vs a Jedi.  Obviously, this does not show up until Kira and Lord Scourge make their return.  BUT why not make these (already existing characters) available to others.  The smuggler for example might seriously consider Kira (perhaps more so than Lana).

Anyhow ...  just my thoughts on something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time now!  IMO there wouldn't be any "new" characters added list of VA's ...  just some more new dialogue and content!

There's a lot more ideas that can follow this type of interaction:  LI's that sort of thing.  But this is a good starting point.

16 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

I'm not expecting an overwhelming reaction to this request since companion interactions are for the most part pretty much dead!  (Which to be candid about it is pretty sad really).  BUT if that were NOT the case there is something that has been in the back of my mind since the release of KotFE / ET.  This centers around companions that we normally did not have access to prior to KotFE due to our particular faction.

As couple of examples of this might be (light side characters) Vette and Gault.  There are considerably more I know.  But for the sake of a "brief" discussion I simply chose these.  Another that show up: Kira Carsen (Light side) for example.  This is due not so much as to our faction ... but rather the class of our character...  Say that of a smuggler vs a Jedi.  Obviously, this does not show up until Kira and Lord Scourge make their return.  BUT why not make these (already existing characters) available to others.  The smuggler for example might seriously consider Kira (perhaps more so than Lana).

Anyhow ...  just my thoughts on something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time now!  IMO there wouldn't be any "new" characters added list of VA's ...  just some more new dialogue and content!

There's a lot more ideas that can follow this type of interaction:  LI's that sort of thing.  But this is a good starting point.

You mean let all classes recruit all companions or cross-class romances? I support both ideas, would love to see my female Marauder in a relationship with Torian or my female commando in a relationship with Zenith. And so on. 

9 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

You mean let all classes recruit all companions or cross-class romances? I support both ideas, would love to see my female Marauder in a relationship with Torian or my female commando in a relationship with Zenith. And so on. 

This could only take place AFTER Kira and Scourge have made their return...  Perhaps ...  ohhh  say during this new story line.  It could be added without too many difficulties.  A lot of it depends on "who" is left alive!

2 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

This could only take place AFTER Kira and Scourge have made their return...  Perhaps ...  ohhh  say during this new story line.  It could be added without too many difficulties.  A lot of it depends on "who" is left alive!

Yes, you are right, it depends a lot on who is alive, but basically it could be implemented, emphasis on could. For some reason, I highly doubt there will be anything in the future related to our class companions, it seems the focus is on the "new" ones (Lana, Arcann, the guests, Tau). That's not necessarily a bad thing, but personally i would prefer more action with the "old" ones aka your ideas with cross-class romances. 

13 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

Yes, you are right, it depends a lot on who is alive, but basically it could be implemented, emphasis on could. For some reason, I highly doubt there will be anything in the future related to our class companions, it seems the focus is on the "new" ones (Lana, Arcann, the guests, Tau). That's not necessarily a bad thing, but personally i would prefer more action with the "old" ones aka your ideas with cross-class romances. 

I think a lot of people would prefer returning to the interactions with our companions.  BUT I'm afraid that we are seeing a demonstration (if anything) of removing that part of SWTOR altogether. 

BUT ... if there was a return to this concept.. yeah!  

Hmmm ..  a smuggler and a Jedi (aka Kira) ...  yeah that might work!