New Crew Skill Revamp.

SuperGrunt

I recently came back from a hiatus, and started fresh on new characters on a new server. I have found the current crew skill system to be very frustrating. Sliced Tech parts are needed by everyone and that is so frustrating because then I will still need the Archeology and Treasure Hunting parts for my Artifice crew skill. So here is what I propose to fix this.

1. Remove Sliced Tech part requirements from all current crew skills.

2. Remove Augments and anything only for crafting them from all current Crew Skills.

3 Create a new Crew Skill focused on Augments and Augment Kits. Can probably toss some other things in there as well to help balance it out. This new crew skill would use Sliced Tech parts, and it could be either Bioanalysis, Archeology, or Salvaging.

4. Remove Armorings from Armormech and Synthweaving.

5. Remove Enhancments from Cybertech.

6. Return Armorings to Cybertech.

7. Return Enhancements to Artifice, and Armstech (can't remember if Armstech had them before, but they should as Armstech should mirror Artifice), or add them to the new Crew Skill.

This would allow all characters to be self sufficient in crafting. That would allow new players to start crafting and making things that are currently restricted to existing players who have multiple characters.

Oh, and balance the Jawa Scrap payouts from Crew Skill missions and what you can get for them, or take them out of crew skill missions entirely. I have been getting them on 3 characters, and can't buy enough items to replace the items that I should have gotten from those missions on 1 character.

One last thing. Make the Crew Skill UI Window, and the Crafting companion selector mirror each other. So that when I have Yuun at level 31 with more of the circle filled than the other level 31 companions he's the above the other companions, or make them both sort by level and then alphabetically by name.

So here is what I propose to fix this.

The response (except that they have a policy of not responding to suggestions, to avoid problems of false expectations(1) and accusations of favouritism and anti-favouritism) would undoubtedly be that it is impossible to fix because it isn't broken because it is *meant* to be that way.

And you've overstated the problem for new players - low craft-level items don't require Slicing parts. The first schematics that require that are for character-level 65+ at least, maybe more.

(1) Forumite: "How about X?" BioWare: (vaguely positive non-commital response) Next patch releases without X. Forumites: "But you *promised* that X would be in the next patch!" on one hand, or Forumite: "How about X?" BioWare: (vaguely negative but equally non-commital response) Time goes by. Forumite 2: "How about X?" Other forumites: "They said that was the worst idea ever and it wouldn't ever be in the game!"

The response (except that they have a policy of not responding to suggestions, to avoid problems of false expectations(1) and accusations of favouritism and anti-favouritism) would undoubtedly be that it is impossible to fix because it isn't broken because it is *meant* to be that way.

And you've overstated the problem for new players - low craft-level items don't require Slicing parts. The first schematics that require that are for character-level 65+ at least, maybe more.

(1) Forumite: "How about X?" BioWare: (vaguely positive non-commital response) Next patch releases without X. Forumites: "But you *promised* that X would be in the next patch!" on one hand, or Forumite: "How about X?" BioWare: (vaguely negative but equally non-commital response) Time goes by. Forumite 2: "How about X?" Other forumites: "They said that was the worst idea ever and it wouldn't ever be in the game!"

I never said it wasn't the way that it's supposed to be. I'm saying that when they "fixed" it this way that they made it favor people who have multiple characters at or near to level cap, and that's likely not exactly what they were intending it to be. I also never stated that it is a problem for low level characters, just new players. A new player can get to the levels where things are requiring the Sliced Tech parts fairly quickly even without using the bleeding edge leveling methods.

The rest of your post is drivel that takes away from the rest of your post. I'm not new here. BioWare has never responded in this section of the Forums. I wouldn't expect them to quickly do a revamp such as this, nor would I expect them to say anything about any updates other than the ones they put on PTS for testing.