The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lesser Military Titles Pack

vemerce

I would like to see a pack of lesser military titles we can purchase... Now that we can make Smugglers and Troopers cross faction, it would be nice to be able to have "Sergeant," "Captain," and "Lieutenant" available. I wouldn't add "Major" or anything above, because that would take away from the real Trooper's unique class titles... But the lesser ones are pretty general military and I would happily pay some Cartel Coins for an original purchase and then legacy unlock in collections. (Alternatively, I would rather see characters get all of the class titles for their combat styles and origin stories when they level up, but I have a feeling that would be a lot more difficult to implement than creating a title pack.)

I would also be open to adding alternate military rank titles for everything except "Captain" which I feel should be included for the proper Smuggler title.

Edited by vemerce

Except that we can't. We can make Agents and Bounty Hunters who fight like Smugglers or Troopers, but they remain Agents and Bounty Hunters.

Nah. Once you use one of those level skip tokens, that vanilla stuff never happened. :) Everyone's the Alliance Commander and you can pick and choose who that person is... You just pick a voice these days.

The game has become about playing the character you want to play, and it's pretty clear there's a ton of people out there role-playing to some degree. Some do it openly, some just establish their own head canon. By your logic, we should never have had the Imperial Soldier uniforms made available at all either, since we can't really play as one. I think it's far less harmful for someone to run around with a "Sergeant" title as an Imperial Agent than to see 50 people running around in Revan's armor. Of course that's just my opinion, but this is something I'm personally willing to pay for... Perhaps you're not. And that's fine.

If they provide the title pack; people who want it can buy it. Those who don't because they're just an Agent that happens to fight like a Trooper can still use their Cipher Agent title to their heart's content. More customization isn't a bad thing.

Edited by vemerce