A real PVP sever

Malefactorx

If you're a hardcore PvPer....you should know 1v1's are stupid, therefore asking for a free for all server is insane....

Il second this because it is the truth of truths.

FFA may be fun but pain in the *** to level on.... unless you screw the VOs and reward hendge amounts of XP for killing other players.

Yea it takes way more skill to group up on people, even if groups are even in size, any good group will just focus fire people down, this takes zero skill if your group has any common sense. If you can beat another player by yourself, that in my opinion, takes far more skill.

Oh you forget class unbalances take into account. Some may be different specs etc.. etc.. Some healers can't output enough damage and therefore forced to go defensive and heal until OOM, so you win either way.... Unless you count companions too but that is not really true 1v1.

Most PvPers know that games aren't balanced around 1v1 in terms of MMOs such as TOR and WoW, go play FPS if you want that or APB.

Also define "skill" that is very subjective term. Skill in class knowledge, reaction timers, communication with your team, co-ordination, knowledge about your and other classes, all above?

I agree with just one thing from OPs thread...AC was the most intense pvp game ever made to date, and probably will be the last. Most difficult, best story lined, fun *** game ever.

Last, I strongly doubt it. Also by AC you mean Age of Conan? Best story, not to my taste.

There is many, many other games which will be developed within next XXXX years .... unless World Blows up because of our Government or E.T comes back and takes over, makes us slaves .... eats us.... makes sweet love to us ... then we are all **************

Edited by Cyphen

Il second this because it is the truth of truths.

FFA may be fun but pain in the *** to level on.... unless you screw the VOs and reward hendge amounts of XP for killing other players.

Oh you forget class unbalances take into account. Some may be different specs etc.. etc.. Some healers can't output enough damage and therefore forced to go defensive and heal until OOM, so you win either way.... Unless you count companions too but that is not really true 1v1.

Most PvPers know that games aren't balanced around 1v1 in terms of MMOs such as TOR and WoW, go play FPS if you want that or APB.

Also define "skill" that is very subjective term. Skill in class knowledge, reaction timers, communication with your team, co-ordination, knowledge about your and other classes, all above?

Last, I strongly doubt it. Also by AC you mean Age of Conan? Best story, not to my taste.

There is many, many other games which will be developed within next XXXX years .... unless World Blows up because of our Government or E.T comes back and takes over, makes us slaves .... eats us.... makes sweet love to us ... then we are all **************

AC as in Asherons Call, it is a skill based game that actually took skill to play. you could dodge magic and missle weapons so moving was very important. plus there was NO CC so you could actually fight multiple people and win if you were a better player.

EVE online?

The vast majority of Eve players stick to high security systems, with the Caldari regions alone holding more than twice as many players as all 0.0 regions combined and even Minmatar space as the smallest non-0.0-area holds more than the entire 0.0 population( source: quarterly economic newsletter Q4 2010 by CCP ).

So even the one and only actually good game providing a solid framework for FFA PvP and consequences of death delivers ample evidence that only a small minority of players care for that kind of gameplay.

AC as in Asherons Call, it is a skill based game that actually took skill to play. you could dodge magic and missle weapons so moving was very important. plus there was NO CC so you could actually fight multiple people and win if you were a better player.

MMO I take it? Never heard of it, sounds interesting but more of a first person kind of game. Never played it so can't say anything regarding it.