Alts as Companions

JanusAcken

I've thought this over for a while now, and I felt that there was a missed opportunity when Fallen Empire came out. In that, everything came together into one storyline and you could have all of every classes companions (mostly, with exceptions, which is also disappointing). The missed opportunity was having some of your alternate characters in your legacy also be companions. Not saying you could have all of them, cause someone with say 40 alternates would be a bit insane, but perhaps one from each of the main classes that offers to join your cause. Since companions don't get any benefits from gear they're equipped with, they could be brought in with whatever they were equipped with at the time they joined. Voice actor wise would also be covered since you have both female and male voices already for the player classes, so it wouldn't have been difficult to incorporate some story elements to 'explain' why these recruits become available and have some interactions with them.

So, I think that'd be a nice way to truly bring your Legacy together.

I've thought this over for a while now, and I felt that there was a missed opportunity when Fallen Empire came out. In that, everything came together into one storyline and you could have all of every classes companions (mostly, with exceptions, which is also disappointing). The missed opportunity was having some of your alternate characters in your legacy also be companions. Not saying you could have all of them, cause someone with say 40 alternates would be a bit insane, but perhaps one from each of the main classes that offers to join your cause. Since companions don't get any benefits from gear they're equipped with, they could be brought in with whatever they were equipped with at the time they joined. Voice actor wise would also be covered since you have both female and male voices already for the player classes, so it wouldn't have been difficult to incorporate some story elements to 'explain' why these recruits become available and have some interactions with them.

So, I think that'd be a nice way to truly bring your Legacy together.

This is actually a very good suggestion!

Personally, i would love to play my main ( a BH) and summon as a companion my secondary BH, because im my personal story I've created for them they are sisters.

In the original Guild Wars you were able to do this. You essentially 'stamped' a character's appearance onto a blank 'companion'. I was able to have a full 8-person team of just me and my alts.

So, yes, a great idea. For cost savings, I'd be ok with the companion not talking (no VA expense) 🙂