The Friday Gold Thread of Hope

hillerbees

Tradionally SWTOR devs have issued any significant news updates last thing on a Friday before they go home for the weekend.

Am I alone in logging in to the forums on a Friday evening to see if there is any news?

Devs, any chance you might do a regular Friday update just to let us know the lights are still on or even just what small things have been worked on during the week.

The absence of Developer Updates, especially not keeping in touch with our Community Dev Jackie, is disappointing and I think its something that, if remedied, would be welcomed by players...it doesn't have to be big news if none is there to be reported, even small parcels of news would be welcome.

You make it sound like the last update about anything was weeks ago. The last staff post, by Bryant Wood, was on Monday 12 July, ffs. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10039585

Not sure where you are going with this. The title of the thread as well as their opening sentences was to ask others if anyone else log's in to see if the Dev's squeaked in an update just before going home on Friday's. The rest as I see it is their reiterating of what has been a major touching point by many many posters in these forums for years, lack of communication.

To answer the OP's question, no you are not the only one to log in and see if a tidbit was thrown our way just before the weekend.

To answer the OP's question - NO, you're not the 'only' one, you're just one of the few. 🙄

So glad you are here to speak for all the people you have never met. I know more than a few that look in to see what was dropped on Friday and discuss it with them all the time. Mostly because of the quote below.

There's always hope, but generally Friday news is bad news. They drop a bombshell then let the forums burn for the weekend and hope it dies out by Monday.

So glad you are here to speak for all the people you have never met. I know more than a few that look in to see what was dropped on Friday and discuss it with them all the time. Mostly because of the quote below.

I'm here to speak for all the people who don't get caught up in this BS. 😂

Edited by JediQuaker

You make it sound like the last update about anything was weeks ago. The last staff post, by Bryant Wood, was on Monday 12 July, ffs. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10039585

That post, like many before it just mops up queries on matters of concern, it doesn't give us anything to look forward to in terms of pllay.

Most of the recent posts have been re. maintenance issues or PTS issues nothing to do with the actual game itself. You have to go back to Chris Durell's post on 1st of June for some genuine information on what is coming up in 7.1.

Thanks though.

I'm here to speak for all the people who don't get caught up in this BS. 😂

As someone who has lurked this forum, unable to post, for quite awhile, let me clarify it for you: There is a cognitive dissonance on this forum where certain subs like to presume that their voice matters more than others, that they speak for some silent majority --whose silence is extremely convenient since they can't contradict their baseless assertion. Like everyone who posts here, you speak for no one but yourself. Same as OP, same as me, same as everybody.

Speaking of forum trends, you're like the third or fourth white knight who thinks he's soooo edgy I've seen on here to date. It's a boring stereotype.

Edited by Ardrossan

As someone who has lurked this forum, unable to post, for quite awhile, let me clarify it for you: There is a cognitive dissonance on this forum where certain subs like to presume that their voice matters more than others, that they speak for some silent majority --whose silence is extremely convenient since they can't contradict their baseless assertion. Like everyone who posts here, you speak for no one but yourself. Same as OP, same as me, same as everybody.

Speaking of forum trends, you're like the third or fourth white knight who thinks he's soooo edgy I've seen on here to date. It's a boring stereotype.

First of all my "speak for" post, was written in a style to mock or rephrase the wording of the post I replied to, but I suppose such nuance is a bit of a stretch for these forums.

So, no I don't actually speak for anyone but myself. But you're right, there are certain people on these forums who seem to think there opinion is so very important. It seems that their whole weekend can be ruined if they don't hear from daddy, er, the devs, on Friday. Kids, pfft. 😂😂

Secondly, there is a difference between a "white knight" and someone who simply does not go along with the common ill-informed opinions of the masses. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

Ardrossan, disengage. He is a troll. He even admitted it. His every post here "has been written in a style to mock" someone's post. Their "ill-informed opinion" apparently and then further tries to denigrate them by referring to them as kids. Do not feed the troll.

First of all my "speak for" post, was written in a style to mock or rephrase the wording of the post I replied to, but I suppose such nuance is a bit of a stretch for these forums.

No, I just don't take "no u" as a valid reason for adults to communicate, no matter how much you dress it up.

It seems that their whole weekend can be ruined if they don't hear from daddy, er, the devs, on Friday. Kids, pfft. 😂😂

Yes, we've had this conversation before, when you mocked OP in another thread who was grieving because they realized that the activity they had been doing for literal years was no longer something they enjoyed doing. This is btw the same language we use to determine clinical depression, and I use "we" because unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about, rather than playing oppression olympics because "oh yeah, well someone I know died, therefore your pain is meaningless!" Very mature :rolleyes:.

Secondly, there is a difference between a "white knight" and someone who simply does not go along with the common ill-informed opinions of the masses. 🙂

I stopped using the term "the masses" when I was in high school 20 years ago, given its insufferably elitist overtones. I thought I was a late bloomer but I guess not.

Edited by Ardrossan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.