How long will it take a fresh level 80 to get ALL 326 Purples?

Loadsamonie

i330 golds for Implants, of course, but how long to go from no gear to full i326 PvP purples doing Unranked Dailies and Weeklies?

Defense Guardian going for Tank Shield, Force Lords Gloves and Pants, Pummelers Weapon/Wrist/Belt/Boots/Chest/Helm/Earpiece (none of it has Accuracy), Fearless Victor and Champion's Precision Implants, and Serendipitous Assault/Focused Retribution Relics.

Edited by Loadsamonie

It really depends on a few different things. First off if you have more than one level 80 char it's gonna help it go faster because you can finish 3 weeklies for 3 guaranteed loot box upgrades. If you have another lvl 80 force user turn him to a guardian/jugg as his 2nd combat style If u want to make the process go faster, then u double ur loot boxes, triple ect.

If u only have one toon, you can do the weekly 3 times for unranked wzs and u can also do the weekly 3 times for GSF. So you can get a total of 6 auto upgrades a week (again on one toon).

You should get around 330 wz-1 comms from 3 weekly missions, which can upgrade u one piece of PVP gear from 316 all the way to 326. Keep in mind I do think there is a cap on the weekly amount of WZ-1s you can get. So in theory you could have 7 auto upgrades a week on one toon.

Now here's the part where planning comes in. As I said those loot crates auto upgrade ur gear no matter what. So if ur wearing 324 greens, and u open a pvp loot box (thyrisian) a 326 purple will drop. So to save time cheese the gear mechanics as much as possible. If ur starting at zero gear and ur a fresh lvl 80, do the heroic weeklies first and upgrade all ur gear to green 324s before u even open a pvp loot box.

You can have full 326 purples in around two weeks if u really wanna grind hard enough. Only thing preventing you from getting the gear quicker is the weekly caps they put on the currency.

It really depends on a few different things. First off if you have more than one level 80 char it's gonna help it go faster because you can finish 3 weeklies for 3 guaranteed loot box upgrades. If you have another lvl 80 force user turn him to a guardian/jugg as his 2nd combat style If u want to make the process go faster, then u double ur loot boxes, triple ect.

If u only have one toon, you can do the weekly 3 times for unranked wzs and u can also do the weekly 3 times for GSF. So you can get a total of 6 auto upgrades a week (again on one toon).

You should get around 330 wz-1 comms from 3 weekly missions, which can upgrade u one piece of PVP gear from 316 all the way to 326. Keep in mind I do think there is a cap on the weekly amount of WZ-1s you can get. So in theory you could have 7 auto upgrades a week on one toon.

Now here's the part where planning comes in. As I said those loot crates auto upgrade ur gear no matter what. So if ur wearing 324 greens, and u open a pvp loot box (thyrisian) a 326 purple will drop. So to save time cheese the gear mechanics as much as possible. If ur starting at zero gear and ur a fresh lvl 80, do the heroic weeklies first and upgrade all ur gear to green 324s before u even open a pvp loot box.

You can have full 326 purples in around two weeks if u really wanna grind hard enough. Only thing preventing you from getting the gear quicker is the weekly caps they put on the currency.

So wait, if I just start with 320 Conquest greens and open pvp boxes, I automatically get 322 PvP gear?

Will the upgrade always be the same kind of gear it was before? I.E if I have a 324 Force Lords gloves, will the box be 326 Force Lords even if my Loot Discipline is Tank or Vigilance?

Edited by Loadsamonie

So wait, if I just start with 320 Conquest greens and open pvp boxes, I automatically get 322 PvP gear?

Will the upgrade always be the same kind of gear it was before? I.E if I have a 324 Force Lords gloves, will the box be 326 Force Lords even if my Loot Discipline is Tank or Vigilance?

No if your Loot is for tank it will "upgrade" to a tank piece but you still keep the old piece.

No if your Loot is for tank it will "upgrade" to a tank piece but you still keep the old piece.

Ah, okay, so it's still luck of the draw if I get a piece that I want. Several Vigilance pieces have Accuracy, which I'm trying to avoid, so perhaps I should spend my Warzone comms to auto-326 a slot I know could have Accuracy if unlucky (like my Earpiece, upgrade to 326 Adept immediately so I don't get unlucky with a 326 Initiative) and save the boxes for when I'm down to slots I know will guarantee me a piece I need (Force Lords gloves/pants, Pummelers everything else, etc)?

Edited by Loadsamonie

Yup that's the idea. Buy the slots with the WZ-1s where u could get unlucky with a drop.

Still tho, there is a way to force the exact drop u want every time. Let's say for example u want the tank gloves to drop. Equip all 326 gear no matter the rating, it could be all green gear. Equip green 324 gloves and make sure ur loot preference is set to tank. Open a pvp loot box and the 326 purple tank gloves will drop.

The idea behind this is that they want the loot crate to be an automatic upgrade, so if u have only one piece of gear equipped that can be upgraded that's what will drop.

Edited by Samcuu

Yup that's the idea. Buy the slots with the WZ-1s where u could get unlucky with a drop.

Still tho, there is a way to force the exact drop u want every time. Let's say for example u want the tank gloves to drop. Equip all 326 gear no matter the rating, it could be all green gear. Equip green 324 gloves and make sure ur loot preference is set to tank. Open a pvp loot box and the 326 purple tank gloves will drop.

The idea behind this is that they want the loot crate to be an automatic upgrade, so if u have only one piece of gear equipped that can be upgraded that's what will drop.

Alright, so just wait until I have all 324 greens, use my WZ comms to selectively upgrades the pieces I want that could be unlucky, and then as my pool of 324 gear gets smaller and smaller, it'll be easier to force what I want out of the crates?

I'm gonna save the crates for a couple of weeks then, until I've knocked out a couple of my pieces.

A couple days

Here is what I am doing; mind you I broke my arm the other day, so I am not doing anything productive this week; just consuming beer and playing SWTOR :cool:

I geared up with flashpoints, so I wanted to gear my marauder and sentinel with PvP; heck I have nothing else to do.

I had enough tech frags to buy the 326 implants for the bonuses right away. I had enough already for the first one and I got the rest logging into my alts that had completed last weeks conquests

I started from the bottom, i didnt buy the green 320 pve gear or anything; I just had my old 306 stuff from before.

I started did the 3 GSF weeklies and the 3 PvP weeklies on my sentinel and now Im on my marauder and I am 2 GSF weeklies in and 2 PvP weeklies in.

My strategy on buying stuff, was to buy the relics i wanted and the ear piece i wanted. I kept those 3 items at least 1 level above the rest of my gear. I didnt want gear boxes to drop clicky relics or non accuracy ear pieces.

Right now Im at 985/999 for WZ-1 accelerants; so i am more or less at the cap.

My gear in 2 days is all 324 purple gear with 326 Ear Piece and both 326 Relics.

I suppose I could use my alts the rest of the Week and do GSF missions for the crates. Its a lot faster than the warzone weekly and i can still get starship upgrades

So its possible to do it pretty quick, if you are sitting home all day with a broken arm and have a few beverages on hand.

Edited by kirorx