The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character-specific and account-wide CC purchases to increase the credit limit.

How the credit cap stands now at 1 million, it's just enough for a premium player to get gear from the vendors, but not really enough to buy anything from the GTN, given how strongly inflation has gripped the servers these days.

I propose adding credit cap increases bought with Cartel Coins to give non-subs a bit more leeway with their credit limit, to both alleviate the annoyance of having to dump their credits in the Legacy Bank so often, and allow them the ability to interact with the GTN to some degree. Something like:

Tier 1: 10 million Credits: 200CC per character, or 500CC per legacy.

Tier 2: 25 million Credits: 450CC per character, 1000CC per legacy.

Tier 3: 100 million Credits: 800CC per character, 2000CC per legacy.

They still wouldn't have the kind of flexibility a subscriber has with an unlimited credit cap, but it would give them some breathing room as to what they can and cannot buy on the GTN, and just make things more convenient for them...for a price, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be in favor of giving Preferred players some wiggle room, but I don't know if I'd let them get to 100 million without being subscribed. The individual character prices you listed seem okay, but I think the Legacy-wide unlocks need to be more expensive to offset the fact these folks will probably never be subscribers. (I think it needs to be balanced with that in mind, or it won't be profitable for BioWare.) I'd be okay with more along the lines of...

Tier 1: 10 million Credits: 200CC per character, or 1000CC per legacy.*

Tier 2: 20 million Credits: 300CC per character, or 1500CC per legacy.* (Upgrade from Tier 1: 100CC / 500CC)

Tier 3: 35 million Credits: 500CC per character, or 2500CC per legacy.* (Upgrade from Tier 2: 200CC / 1000CC)

* Each available for direct purchase... NOT needing to buy the tier before it. Otherwise, the "upgrade" fee should apply if the previous tier is owned. Upgrade fee is always the cost difference between your current tier and the next one.

But I think 35 million per character is more than plenty. With the two base character slots, that's 70 million available on the account, and each additional character slot purchase would add to that. I think when you start letting them get numbers like 100 million per character, that's when you make it way too easy for the 3rd party credit sellers.

Edited by vemerce

I would be in favor of giving Preferred players some wiggle room, but I don't know if I'd let them get to 100 million without being subscribed. The individual character prices you listed seem okay, but I think the Legacy-wide unlocks need to be more expensive to offset the fact these folks will probably never be subscribers. (I think it needs to be balanced with that in mind, or it won't be profitable for BioWare.) I'd be okay with more along the lines of...

Tier 1: 10 million Credits: 200CC per character, or 1000CC per legacy.*

Tier 2: 20 million Credits: 300CC per character, or 1500CC per legacy.* (Upgrade from Tier 1: 100CC / 500CC)

Tier 3: 35 million Credits: 500CC per character, or 2500CC per legacy.* (Upgrade from Tier 2: 200CC / 1000CC)

* Each available for direct purchase... NOT needing to buy the tier before it. Otherwise, the "upgrade" fee should apply if the previous tier is owned. Upgrade fee is always the cost difference between your current tier and the next one.

But I think 35 million per character is more than plenty. With the two base character slots, that's 70 million available on the account, and each additional character slot purchase would add to that. I think when you start letting them get numbers like 100 million per character, that's when you make it way too easy for the 3rd party credit sellers.

Then maybe 10, 25, and 50 million per character. Then it's an even 100mil between two characters.