Huttball flames/acid question...

ThaLunatik

I'm hoping someone can shed light on how the damage from flames and acid pits in Huttball work, specifically how they dish out damage and how they interact with CC. Primarily the issue is with flames since they're not a stationary thing that's always there, but I've noticed it to an extent with the acid too.

My first question is about CC

I use my stun or flashbang on someone who is on the flame emitter, the flames come up, and they take no damage.

Now contrast this to what happens to me: I get CC'd on a flame emitter and when flames come up I die within 2-3 ticks (which is 1 second or less).

What's up with this?

Second question is about the damage they cause

If the flame emitter is heating up already I can't even chance running across it. If the flames come up as I try running across, then even if I'm a foot or two over the emitter the flames will take me to 30% or so as soon as they first come shooting out. If flames are up already well then of course I can't run across. I can even use my Shield Probe (absorption) and will still take lethal or near lethal damage.

But then I see plenty of other people run through full on flames and take maybe 20% damage. I see ball carriers who are slowed from carrying it just walk through it sometimes and take 50-70%, yet are still alive.

Why do I die instantly within it and others seem fine?

Thanks for any feedback!