Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the people that bought the game six months ago actually did pay more for the game than me who bought it a week ago. Interesting. They should play first then.

In a pure financial sense, yes (about the cost). I'm not commenting on who "should" get to play first because IMO I think a staggered launch is a poor way to do it in this day and age. But, if I were the head honcho and my company were doing a staggered launch then I would probably base it on first come first serve (i.e. first to buy, first to play). I was mostly just showing that there "is" a cost incurred by pre-ordering and that cost is what you are paying in order to get early access, but the reality is that cost is incurred by everyone who pre-ordered.

Edited by Godzillamax

No. You're not smart. Cry more. I don't know what to tell you to make you see that you're wrong, and that you should just take a seat and wait in line like everyone else.

lol wow good one :) no ones raging over here i was simply stating what happened... lols...

The 'up to' part wasn't actually translated in all languages and was omitted in some countries.

This!

Sure... i've created my account in 2009, to join beta. But never got the invite mail so i forgot about the game. Until last week when i spotted the pre-order in origin store, bought it and redeemed my code. Never did i notice huge warning saying that there will be rolling invites, based on the date you pre-order and you might only get 1 day of EGA.

It's no biggie, sort of. I could wait for 20th and be fine, IF i weren't a PvP focused player. Many people being higher level than me (and many others) WILL have high impact on world pvp on pvp servers. Like it or not, i wont.

Fun fact, BW will gain next to nothing from this rolling EGA (other than negative rep from people that get in late). Really. Well maybe the EGA will be more stable, but what will happen 20th? Everyone logins nearly at the same time and so on...

Also, i don't think they've separated EU and US pre-orders in anyway, which might lead to unbalanced waves in terms of server populations, leading huge spikes when punch of EU or US players only get in. (people who've got in have been saying that EU server have been on 'light' load for the whole EGA, while most US ones have got to medium).

Ps. My 5€ is worth same (well more...) than your 5$ for EGA, only fair way of handling this is make it totally random. Or 50% of the accounts activated be by pre-order date and other 50% just random accounts, per wave that is.

No, no it doesn't

"Up to five days" means exactly what it says. It means that you MAY get a maximum of five days (This has changed since they added two more days I am sure). It does not say that you are guaranteed to get more than one day. Hell, it doesn't say you will get more than 6 hours of early access time.

It simply say that you MAY (Or might) get up to five days of early access time.

But after a certain point they knew x preorders would NOT be getting UP TO 5 days, and should have stopped advertising it as even being a possibility. Had it changed to 4 days on September preorders, and 2 days for oct/nov preorders, people wouldn't be as upset if they were upset at all. But that would require clear communication with the playerbase. Something we've seen from today's launch that they do not have. How hard would it be for them to say, "Hopefully by the end of Wednesday's waves, we're plannin to be through September preorders. November orders, don't count on a mail until sometime Saturday." doesn't have to be exact, but gives people an idea and is much more satisfying than, "Refresh your inbox and check your spam folder! You might have the golden ticket!"

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Doesn't Gamestop have a forum you can go QQ on?

Not everyone has blind faith in BioWare or MMOs in general...

Or any faith at all in them.

It's not blind faith. I'm not hoping for anything monumental. Basing my life around this game. It looked like a fun game. It looked like my kind of game. And I paid a measly $60 dollars to buy it and play for 30 days, the typical amount of time I'd play a regular game. The extra 1-5 days was just that, extra. And if there is replay value, which it looks to be so, then I don't mind subscribing. I don't have blind faith. I leave that for the people who blindly bought a game because they thought they saw somewhere that they'd get 5 free days, and then somehow thought that meant 7 free days, or something I don't really understand.

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

Which you will undoubably get (if you pre-ordered). Im confused as to what your point is.

Think that through. Answer this question:

Is it easier to play catchup to your friends from level 1, or level 20?

Sure, it'll be easier, but you'll still need to play catch up. Can't you just ask your friends to wait for you? Ask them to play something other than their main before you get in.

But after a certain point they knew x preorders would NOT be getting UP TO 5 days, and should have stopped advertising it as even being a possibility. Had it changed to 4 days on September preorders, and 2 days for oct/nov preorders, people wouldn't be as upset if they were upset at all. But that would require clear communication with the playerbase. Something we've seen from today's launch that they do not have. How hard would it be for them to say, "Hopefully by the end of Wednesday's waves, we're plannin to be through September preorders. November orders, don't count on a mail until sometime Saturday." doesn't have to be exact, but gives people an idea and is much more satisfying than, "Refresh your inbox and check your spam folder! You might have the golden ticket!"

Oh, I would agree with you that the Early Access could have been handled much, much better. I have said that myself in a post that has probably been swallowed up somewhere. In fact, this not sending invites for a longer period of time is just idiotic.

The communication has been bad. But I have seen a bunch of misinformation, whining and entitlement among the people on this forum. There are valid complaints, however most of complaints are boiling down to:

"People are playing and I am not. NO FAIR! Now I have to catch up and people will be better than me. I want it all to be equal! Life is just lost without me being able to play day one."

Even from the day pre-orders were available it said "you MAY get UP TO 5 days access".

--------------->

English comprehesion website is that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I wasn't so bored I wouldn't even bother reading/posting here. *sigh*

so why are people getting 7 days?

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Wait, most people won't get get 5 days early access? Over half of the total pre-orders were made from July 21st to Aug 1st and the numbers of pre-orders significantly dropped off after that. How does that mean most people won't get 5 days? You mean YOU won't get 5 days. got it.

Who knows how many people will get 5 days of access. There are still like 10 waves of emails that will get up to 5 days. That might include everyone o.O' And if not, what ever. They never garaunteed anything. I don't see why people are upset at all.

so why are people getting 7 days?

Please learn to read. The answer is in this very forum. If you don't want to look here, look on the website. If you can't understand what you're buying, have someone help you.

Ahem: after five days of play, they will not be able to play until launch.

some of you people really need to grow the hell up. Get lives, go get a job, get a hobby and do something productive instead of sitting on a forum whining about not getting into early access today.

People are angry, understand that, don't sit behind a PC and hassle them. I'm sure the majority have jobs/lives and their hobby? I'm willing to bet gaming is the hobby. Something productive..I've seen more cave ins from developers than I have seen stick to their guns so in a way they are doing something productive.

Everyone needs to stop and understand the frustration. If you are not bothered in any way by the staggered start then don't post teasing others or giving them hard time. Read the post and move on.

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

2010 huh.

also, you pre-ordered for the chance of getting access 5 days early. still another day for that to even happen.

"sold out" will nev be obsolete as long as there are hardware constraints, digital or not.

THINK!!

Edited by Ralty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.