Make our ship or hanger a quick travel point.

Elfa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you just use the quick travel to the fleet? Real short walk from the fleet to your ship.

I do question getting dumped outside a flashpoint after a wipe, though - it seems a hell of a lot of effort to wait for outside the flashpoint to load, and then immediately have to run back into the flashpoint and get another loading screen.

Edited by TheTurniipKing

One more thing: outside of the loading screens most of the run is done inside your own instance. What is the point in running 2 meters or 2000 meters when it is all single player?

Space ships should land on planets direct. No loading screens. You should be able to land next to some unspuspecting guy, engulf him in dust and vapour and jump on his head. Unless you had parked near or at a spaceport, there should be no "quick recall" points. If you had landed in the middle of a jungle somewhere you should have to make it back to your ship.

That would be an MMO.

Can't you just use the quick travel to the fleet? Real short walk from the fleet to your ship.

I do question getting dumped outside a flashpoint after a wipe, though - it seems a hell of a lot of effort to wait for outside the flashpoint to load, and then immediately have to run back into the flashpoint and get another loading screen.

That's on a 24hr cooldown, though.

Personally, I'd add a travel to ship/hangar transport, either as a seperate quick travel ability(on a seperate cooldown from the bind), or as an option at taxi stations, so it would turn from a time sink to a credit sink.

Anyplace you might actually want to land on any planet worth landing on will have a spaceport and defence system to make sure you land where you're supposed to.

Or to put it another way.

Land on planet.

Realise there's nothing of value here

take off again.

You know. The whole Mass Effect 1 experience.

Edited by TheTurniipKing

That's on a 24hr cooldown, though.

Personally, I'd add a travel to ship/hangar transport, either as a seperate quick travel ability(on a seperate cooldown from the bind), or as an option at taxi stations, so it would turn from a time sink to a credit sink.

Oh, thought it was an hour.

Oh, thought it was an hour.

I didn't think it would be that long when I used it first, either.

Did one thing, went back to wherever I'd been(Tat, IIRC), thought "I could do with going back to the fleet... why hasn't that cooldown moved yet?... Oh, right...".

Was a bit of a pain.

I can't believe people are complaining about what?? 10 or 20 seconds of walking?? How many quest givers would you all miss?? You would miss the entire Bonus quests for Taris and an orange quest reward.. All because walking that 10 or 20 seconds was a bother..

Why do you people play MMO's?? Seriously?? Why?? :rolleyes:

to PLAY them.

Not spend 10mins running through THE GOD DAMM SAME SPACE PORT ON EVERY SINGLE PLANET over and over again.

I can land a big starhip in the hanger, but I cant use me speeder?lol

i like the idea, because it sucks when you get off coruscant/dromund kaas and you want to go to the galactic trade market, you have to go to your ship everytime and the loading screens are long enough already, its a huge chunk of time to get to the galactic trade market and back. also just the same for anything like when you decide you want to do a flashpoint instead or you want to do space battles.

if it is implemented though, no sense it making it any different from the other bind points. it should have a regular cool down and such.

Hmm.. Directly access your ship in a spaceport and not having to fly back to space as soon as you enter it? /signed

But that´s just cosmetic and a question of sense.

Make the group leaders ship a Group Phase with "mass travel feature" instead of a single player instance? /definite sign

Give each spaceport a distinguished look worth seeing? /sign

But:

Quick travel to your ship? /not signed

Just don´t like the feeling of jumping from action to action as I please, I don´t need an open world for that...

Main sinks in an MMORPG are credits and time...

May not suit anyone, but it never does.

Medic droid on you ship? /not signed

--> You have plenty of options to sell your stuff anywhere you want, better give the Companion the possibility to sell any stuff you please, not only greys, and let him by some basic stuff on that occasion (medpacks for a higher price e.g.) and adjust the time away according to the task.

For it is a Roleplaying game even if you are not on a RP-server I often ask myself "Does it make sense?" (The fact we are playing in a Galaxy far far away with lightsabers and Wookies, instatravel between planets and stuff beeing acounted for ;-) )

It makes perfectly sense to me that the galactic trade network is on the games main hub (the fleet) and if you want to sell, send it to a twink... I guess 85% do have a twink that happens to be on that station on any given time.

I don't mind orbital stations in between the planet and my ship, as I posted in a previous thread (before it was locked and sent me here), I just wish there was more to do while you are on them. I previously mentioned Pazaak / Sabaac games (someone else said it would be a good idea if they were linked games across all stations), or maybe even turret defense space missions.

What I would like to see is the removal of the pointless airlocks in between your ship and the station before getting to the shuttle. But, even if these ideas never see the light of day, they could just remove the stations and airlocks entirely and allow us instanced hangars separated by the ever so frequent green force fields on every planet, just like you see in some places already.

Edited by photometrik