How do I prevent leveling?

CatStar

Two of my toons I decided to level up and noticed the bonuses on the armor sets punish people who decided too by negating the bonus abilities. I don't wish to mess up anymore of my toons, and the effort I put into earning them. So, is there a way to NOT earn experience so I can continue to play my toons without the penalty? My Sage has the empowered set.

And what happened to my powers? He has a tactical device called "Elemental Convection" that made my rotation great for dps, but now some of my powers are gone...making the device useless! Man, I knew the changes were going to be bad, but this was unnecessarily unfair!

There is not. I know you want to stop gaining XP entirely, because you used a Character Boost, but all one can do is slow XP gain by using the White Acute Module, which is only available during 2x XP events. Fortunately, one is coming in May. You can get it from the Gree vendor in the Combat Training quadrant at the Fleet. This won't really help with boosted characters, since the old set bonus armor loses its set bonus as soon as you advance to Level 71. However, if you wanted to run a story from vanilla, it would. Edited by Tofu_Shark

There is not. I know you want to stop gaining XP entirely, because you used a Character Boost, but all one can do is slow XP gain by using the White Acute Module, which is only available during 2x XP events.

As far as I know, the WAM is supposed to counter the +100% XP boost from the 2xXP event, and has no meaningful effect outside the event.

There is not. I know you want to stop gaining XP entirely, because you used a Character Boost, but all one can do is slow XP gain by using the White Acute Module, which is only available during 2x XP events. Fortunately, one is coming in May. You can get it from the Gree vendor in the Combat Training quadrant at the Fleet. This won't really help with boosted characters, since the old set bonus armor loses its set bonus as soon as you advance to Level 71. However, if you wanted to run a story from vanilla, it would.

I didn't use a boost for them, I just leveled them normally from 75 to 80. But whatever, this isn't the only MMO. I'll just spend my money where the customer is rewarded for playing not punished. I'll just come back for certain events after my sub runs out.

That's a dumb reason to quit the game. It's disabled because the old level cap was 70 and Onslaught introduced the armor with different set bonuses. You start getting drops on newer gear at 71, and at 76. Nothing you can do about that. Also, with the Ability Purge, I'll bet some of the bonuses wouldn't apply anymore anyway.

You start getting drops on the newest gear (Legacy of the Sith) where the set bonuses are built into the implants you have to trade for with Tech Fragments at Level 76.

Edited by Tofu_Shark