Legacy map unlocks

Telos

its ridiculous that i have to fill maps. in a society as technologically advanced as the galaxy far, far away, you'd think a ship in orbit could take a picture of the ground...

so just make each planet map a legacy unlock.

As far as it could seem usefull, I see a bad point into this.

I usually try to do all quests on my levelling toons, and the "fog" on the map show me where I still haven't checked.

Having all the map available, without a way to see quest markers even far away from me, will make that very very hard.

For the rest, true, expecially role-playing related characters, I can't imagine someone not passing a usb key (future version) with map data to a person (son, friend or whatever) when they move to a planet.

As far as it could seem usefull, I see a bad point into this.

I usually try to do all quests on my levelling toons, and the "fog" on the map show me where I still haven't checked.

Having all the map available, without a way to see quest markers even far away from me, will make that very very hard.

For the rest, true, expecially role-playing related characters, I can't imagine someone not passing a usb key (future version) with map data to a person (son, friend or whatever) when they move to a planet.

I don't.... huh? What? You don't make sense. The fog doesn't effect whether or not you'll see quest markers.

The OP is right. Having maps filled in as a legacy unlock is a no-brainer. How is it that whoever you're helping on the planet wouldn't already have the terrain mapped out ahead of time? Or hell, major population centers like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa would be well-known and mapped and those maps would be public knowledge on the holonet.

Hell ships in orbit of more backwater planets like Hoth or Tatooine could map out the planet with just a few orbits, given the level of tech seen in Star Wars.

There is no reason not to put this in the game. Having to fill in the maps over and over again for each additional character is just a tedious chore, not engaging gameplay.

I don't.... huh? What? You don't make sense. The fog doesn't effect whether or not you'll see quest markers.

I understand what he means, they, just like I do use the fog as a indication to where I have not been and where potential quests may be. Only by completely uncovering the map each time can I be certain I have found every quest on a planet.

Any such legacy map would have to be completely optional as many people play the same way.

because it'd be so hard to make unexplored areas of the map a different color, for reference?

seriously you guys whine about everything, don't you?

Since you didn't mention it, we kinda thought you hadn't even considered the possibility. And for (F)'s sake, we'd just like it to be *optional* rather than forced on us.

Since you didn't mention it, we kinda thought you hadn't even considered the possibility. And for (F)'s sake, we'd just like it to be *optional* rather than forced on us.

which is why it would be a LEGACY UNLOCK. if you don't pay to unlock it, you can keep wandering all over the map and be happy.

which is why it would be a LEGACY UNLOCK. if you don't pay to unlock it, you can keep wandering all over the map and be happy.

OK, cool. That works. I'd actually prefer it to be a "can be bought per-planet" thing for those moments when I just want to get on with moving around Corellia and Belsavis rather than having to work out which tunnel to go through, but it's not such a big thing on other planets.

its ridiculous that i have to fill maps. in a society as technologically advanced as the galaxy far, far away, you'd think a ship in orbit could take a picture of the ground...

so just make each planet map a legacy unlock.

Yep, I've been waiting for years now for this. With current economy we could definitely use more credit/CC sinks like this. I'd pay for 'skip expansion X' etc. I really have no time or desire to go through same story on few dozen toons. Just get me to the end game...

I'd pay for 'skip expansion X' etc.

Once you're level 60, check your mission console in your class ship for the (purple) mission "Chapter I: The Hunt" to skip to the beginning of KotFE. At level 70, check the same console for a mission called "Inflection Point" to skip past KotFE and KotET to the beginning of Jedi Under Siege (Ossus).

If you want to skip to somewhere else, well, where is it that you want to skip to?