Worst GS2 week till now...

PancaSWTOR

Lol, why do you just pull two 8 point activities that complete both solo and in group into your "neutral" group?

What about the 12 point objectives that can be completed either in group or solo like "Legacies of the Underworld" this week. Those should be 'neutral' also then. And since the number of these that can be done either way will vary week to week, you'll need to total them for all of GS2 to see which offers more points.

You think you're making an argument, but the funny thing is even if we do that it's still biased towards group content.

Have a look:

36 pnts for 3 group objectives

32 pnts for 4 solo

28 pnts neutral

Now group still gets more points, and on top of that has to complete fewer objectives for them.

Ummm.. no.

Neither "Influencing the Galaxy" (200k comquest points) nor "Infiltrating the competition" (40 underworld syndicate plans) are solo objectives. They will complete anyway if you complete the other objectives, no matter what content. In fact they will even complete faster if you do Group/PvP content.

So im counting

48pnts for 4 Group objectives

32pnts for 4 solo objectives

16 more poinits of the 2 'neutral' objectives that complete either way

Doesn't look so fair, does it?

Ummm... yes.

"Infiltrating the Competition" is most certainly a solo objective. They key distinguishing factor is that you don't need other players to complete it, or, as you try to argue, is "neutral" and can be completed along the way by doing the other objectives. Same with "Influencing the Galaxy", which I didn't even take into account for the calculation as it is a daily objective and therefore won't count towards the Fen Zeil seasonal achievement. You also seem to have missed another solo objective somewhere in your count, probably "March Across the Galaxy" because you lump that one in with the "neutral" ones.

The 6 solo objectives:

"Infiltrating The Competition"

"March Across The Galaxy"

"Seat of the Empire Daily Sweep"

"Serenity or Passion"

"Syndicate Infighting"

"Liabilities of Balmorra"

are solo objectives because you don't even once have to touch any group content in the game or have to group up with other players to finish them. That is the crucial difference here and what many players criticized about the old system during the initial Season.

And that does look very fair now.

Edited by Phazonfreak

[...]

are solo objectives because you don't even once have to touch any group content in the game or have to group up with other players to finish them.

Sorry but this line of reasoning is absurd.

I could just as well argue that all the solo objectives can also be completed while in a group, therefor they are group objectives. Of course this is nonsense.

The objectives I called "neutral" can be completed by playing solo or group content

And, yes of course I meant "March across the galaxy", not "influencing the galaxy", as we were talking about the weeklies. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord

Sorry but this line of reasoning is absurd.

I could just as well argue that all the solo objectives can also be completed while in a group, therefor they are group objectives. Of course this is nonsense.

Not at all absurd when you cannot argue that all the group objectives can also be completed solo without other players, which is the crucial point here and why the system was changed accordingly to give solo players the choice that they didn't have before. So your point about calling solo objectives group objectives because you can do them in a group is rather moot when it won't apply conversely.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You're still missing the point. It is the type of content I have to play to complete the Objective that matters, nothing else.

Anyway I really don't want to continue the discussion on that level, so I cut you all the slack, accept your distribution of objectives and tell you it's still not fair.

Even with your interpretation soloplayers need to complete 6 Objectives, opposed to 4 group objectives for the same amount of points.

Having to do 50% more work for the same reward does not qualify as "fair"

You're still missing the point. It is the type of content I have to play to complete the Objective that matters, nothing else.

Anyway I really don't want to continue the discussion on that level, so I cut you all the slack, accept your distribution of objectives and tell you it's still not fair.

Even with your interpretation soloplayers need to complete 6 Objectives, opposed to 4 group objectives for the same amount of points.

I'm sorry, but even BioWare made this distinction when they talked about GS2, with one caveat. Next to the 6 solo-oriented objectives, they list 3 multiplayer-oriented objectives and 1 subscriber objective. The subscriber objective can be a multiplayer-oriented objective like this week with the "Heart of Ruin" objective. But we also had weeks before with a subscriber objective that can be done solo like the veteran chapters, which would bump up the solo-oriented objectives to 7 as a subscriber during that week.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9966924#edit9966924

I also have to chuckle at your claim that it takes 50% more work to do the 6 solo objectives compared to the 4 group objectives. I don't think that for example completing 8 Warzone matches compares at all to completing the "Syndicate Infighting" objective as far as time investment is concerned.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I'm with you there.

As everything in the game now, BW doesn't want people to solo. I just think it's hilarious for a story-based games with a ton of content basically made for soloers.

This might surprise you but this forum, just like reddit, is only used by people who have no ingame mates and friends to talk to or to ask them something. That is why they are here and share your opinion. All of the people I know haven't looked at the forums or reddit for literally YEARS. Why? Because it is full of people who think the game sucks because of this specific reason, they have no basis for their argument, they don't know what patch we are on, they don't know rotations, priorities or anything about their class, they are solo players who wipe to purifier droids and preach to the choir the entire time. No, no they do not get a voice in the discussion of balancing. (Careful this is my opinion) Why is the PTS open? Why? To receive feedback from players who don't know what they are doing in the first place? I just don't get it... How would you expect good feedback from that. But its w/e.

I am so sorry that you play this game as a solo-er but most people do flashpoints and wz on a regular basis - yes with guild mates or friends. Which already is not solo content! No, you should not get rewarded for doing nothing, I am sorry but why should you get best gear for completing story content your companion could solo?!

Don't get me wrong if you don't want a challenge then you can do story sure, but you just don't need the gear for the story. If the gear is the challenging part wouldn't you just not do it since you don't like to do difficult things? Just continue with the story why does it matter? I get you wanting to have the best gear possible... but if its too hard, why bother???

I just don't get how solo players are even playing this game, what are you doing all day? Please tell me! Doing the story the 15th time because your choice to romance light side Jaesa is different than dark side? What else it there even? Conquest? To get what? To spend the currencies on what? Gear? So you do have gear which, as previously stated is just too hard to get, I just don't understand it. How to people have fun without player interaction? It is what makes the game fun and exciting, playing solo is boring and senseless to me. The stories are F2P even like why even be subbed?

It just doesn't make sense to me at

I just don't get how solo players are even playing this game, what are you doing all day? Please tell me! Doing the story the 15th time because your choice to romance light side Jaesa is different than dark side? What else it there even? Conquest? To get what? To spend the currencies on what? Gear? So you do have gear which, as previously stated is just too hard to get, I just don't understand it. How to people have fun without player interaction? It is what makes the game fun and exciting, playing solo is boring and senseless to me. The stories are F2P even like why even be subbed?

Ok so u talk about playing with others, that mean interacting with people.

Lets make an easy example then...

In your real life, its even happened that talking with a friend you said u like a girl/guy and they said they dont?

I suppose its happened.

Whats the difference between that and the fact that someone could like to play solo or group?

Its a personal opinion and i think none have the rights to say anyone opinion is wrong (about the game, on other serious matters its a different story ofc).

For example in my case, i started with friends that after some years quitted...i stayed here a little and im going and coming depending on my will to play that can increase around new star wars contents.

Playing this way now lead to some FP and a bunch of solo play to see all the variatio of the story. Probaly ill get bored when ill be done with that, or even before. Who know, but this is what drive me to play. For sure not a broken pvp system or gsf that i really dont like.

Again. Personal opinons and preferences.

Thas why i was suggesting to give to all the gs2 objective the same point rewards (with some balancing on the number of things to do to complete them).

I think that with that change noone can have anything to complain.

Who like to do it like it is now can keep doing so. Who dont like, will find the change interesting and could appreciate it more.

OK let's be fair here too.

None of the solo objectives are as much work as the group ones - by FAR. Doing flashpoints take forever (I don't - although it's worth noting that solo flashpoints counted the one week I did it, although why would any soloer waste time with solo FPs now as we get no gear whatsoever from it, I don't know), it took me about 2 hours to do the WZ one, and as long to get the GSF one.

The solo ones took literally 30 minutes.

So yeah. It's more than fair, actually.

This might surprise you but this forum, just like reddit, is only used by people who have no ingame mates and friends to talk to or to ask them something. That is why they are here and share your opinion. All of the people I know haven't looked at the forums or reddit for literally YEARS. Why? Because it is full of people who think the game sucks because of this specific reason, they have no basis for their argument, they don't know what patch we are on, they don't know rotations, priorities or anything about their class, they are solo players who wipe to purifier droids and preach to the choir the entire time. No, no they do not get a voice in the discussion of balancing. (Careful this is my opinion) Why is the PTS open? Why? To receive feedback from players who don't know what they are doing in the first place? I just don't get it... How would you expect good feedback from that. But its w/e.

I am so sorry that you play this game as a solo-er but most people do flashpoints and wz on a regular basis - yes with guild mates or friends. Which already is not solo content! No, you should not get rewarded for doing nothing, I am sorry but why should you get best gear for completing story content your companion could solo?!

Don't get me wrong if you don't want a challenge then you can do story sure, but you just don't need the gear for the story. If the gear is the challenging part wouldn't you just not do it since you don't like to do difficult things? Just continue with the story why does it matter? I get you wanting to have the best gear possible... but if its too hard, why bother???

Noone knows what most players do. There are some people here claiming story and solo is what most players do, then spme claim it is group content.

You cant be both right or wrong, only thing is noone really knows. And it doesnt matter, game is made for all kinds of players, it has content fir all and noone is on wrong side of the fence.

It doesnt even matter if you understand it or not, just respect that others have different opinion than you.