Metallic dyes and other textured dyes

TheRomanRuler

Dyes sell at insane prices on GTN. I bet Bioware sells lot of them on CC as well. So i was thinking that not only would some dyes with textures work really well with some outfits, it would also sell super well.

I think that primary and secondary color in a dye should have different textures in some dyes. Some dyes would have metallic red primary, matte white secondary etc.

Idk what other textures would be great besides metallic. I might not actually be too much into metallic dyes myself, but rather some other texture. But i don't know what other textures there could be so i can't suggest any. But i am sure people can come up with plenty of awesome ones.

Metallic and other kinds of material dyes can work well. However, it can quickly lead to an enormous amount of dyes. The current system doesn't really have a good way to support that but an idea might be to have a dye unlocking system. Similar to Guild Wars 2, dyes would be a consumable that unlocks that color/material for your legacy and can be applied to any number of your character's outfits. This would allow for a huge number of dyes and customization but it would also require extra development time to make a window displaying your legacy dye unlocks.

Metallic and other kinds of material dyes can work well. However, it can quickly lead to an enormous amount of dyes. The current system doesn't really have a good way to support that but an idea might be to have a dye unlocking system. Similar to Guild Wars 2, dyes would be a consumable that unlocks that color/material for your legacy and can be applied to any number of your character's outfits. This would allow for a huge number of dyes and customization but it would also require extra development time to make a window displaying your legacy dye unlocks.

This game already has collection system, so no it would not require extra development time in that regard.