CLEAN HOUSE or GET FRESH BLOOD

Lunafox

WE NEED PPL WHO ARE EXCITED TO WRITE FOR SWTOR! AND CREATE FOR SWTOR! No more of this shuffling along, minimum effort for the cheque crap.

It's sadly obvious that SWTOR is no longer fun for it seems, like, most people, myself included. I have my doubts that the powers will listen to do anything to improve, galaxy knows there have been more than a few people offering their critiques and suggestions only to seemingly have them fall on deaf ears.

I watched my hubby plunk down $150 today on a LOTR expac. LORD OF THE FREAKING RINGS?!? It's ancient, the story is OVER and yet it keeps going giving fresh content and adventures.

STAR WARS is strong and has no end in sight. The potential for stories in this universe is second to none. I would happily plunk down serious money if it meant I had more blocks of new story that took me a while to finish (not just a night with like 2 flashpoints), I mean real story, like class story and with stories we can do with our companions, at least the romantic ones.

Without THERON SHAN, without Quinn, or Vector or any of my SWTOR Hubbies/partners/friends, it's not the same. Why is it only Lana? Please take off the Lana goggles and write about THERON or another companion to adventure with us. NO MORE LIZARDS, WEIRD ALIENS etc. The only good thing about 7.0 was that we didn't have to listen to the wet farts that are the Selkath language when dealing with NPC's.

Get more writers, new writers, writers you haven't hired before and WRITE. Please. I want to enjoy this game. I want to sub to it, to be excited to play it again, instead of subbing for a month, then having to wait for crykey knows how long for the next bit with no ETA in sight.

Help us love you, give us more story, more of the old 1-50 companions, more with the new ones (not Lana) and more Theron. RETCON HIS DEATH. GOD KNOWS YOU"VE DONE IT FOR MALGUS ENOUGH TIMES. Please. Give me THERON, more story, and I'll gladly give you much moolah.

Thanks. Over and out.

Edited by Lunafox

WE NEED PPL WHO ARE EXCITED TO WRITE FOR SWTOR! AND CREATE FOR SWTOR! No more of this shuffling along, minimum effort for the cheque crap.

It's sadly obvious that SWTOR is no longer fun for it seems, like, most people, myself included. I have my doubts that the powers will listen to do anything to improve, galaxy knows there have been more than a few people offering their critiques and suggestions only to seemingly have them fall on deaf ears.

I watched my hubby plunk down $150 today on a LOTR expac. LORD OF THE FREAKING RINGS?!? It's ancient, the story is OVER and yet it keeps going giving fresh content and adventures.

STAR WARS is strong and has no end in sight. The potential for stories in this universe is second to none. I would happily plunk down serious money if it meant I had more blocks of new story that took me a while to finish (not just a night with like 2 flashpoints), I mean real story, like class story and with stories we can do with our companions, at least the romantic ones.

Without THERON SHAN, without Quinn, or Vector or any of my SWTOR Hubbies/partners/friends, it's not the same. Why is it only Lana? Please take off the Lana goggles and write about THERON or another companion to adventure with us. NO MORE LIZARDS, WEIRD ALIENS etc. The only good thing about 7.0 was that we didn't have to listen to the wet farts that are the Selkath language when dealing with NPC's.

Get more writers, new writers, writers you haven't hired before and WRITE. Please. I want to enjoy this game. I want to sub to it, to be excited to play it again, instead of subbing for a month, then having to wait for crykey knows how long for the next bit with no ETA in sight.

Help us love you, give us more story, more of the old 1-50 companions, more with the new ones (not Lana) and more Theron. RETCON HIS DEATH. GOD KNOWS YOU"VE DONE IT FOR MALGUS ENOUGH TIMES. Please. Give me THERON, more story, and I'll gladly give you much moolah.

Thanks. Over and out.

I was looking at LOTRO last night, played it long ago and the fact at 15 years old it gets more regular and bigger updates than this is definitely appealing and telling.

The assumption is that the writers here don't love what they're doing or the story they are putting out. Unless you know these people personally, I doubt the assumption is accurate. From a critique standpoint, players are welcome to form their opinions on the story and the writing. Just because you may not like it, does not mean the writers gave a half-hearted effort.

People were getting bad enough in general on the internet and in social media the last decade. Then an unprecedented pandemic came along and amplified all the anxiety already in people and now people have lost all patience and respectfulness. "FIRE EVERYBODY! PUNISH EVERYBODY! BLOW IT UP! ..." Nothing is ever good enough for anybody.

Obviously, 7.0 was not received well by the player base in general. First it was delayed, then only some of it was released and that was full of bugs. Players are canceling subs. It's definitely a setback and not a good look for the devs. The way I see it, we all have a choice right now. We can stop funding and playing this game or we can stick around and hope they get everything where it needs to be. But demanding that "heads should roll" is nothing but an overreaction.

I agree with everything you’ve said OP (except for no more weird aliens, I like weird aliens lol)

No amount of money from subs is going to change their minimalistic efforts. They've been milking for years, nothing will change that.

As much as I agree with OP, sadly this is what I believe as well. EA would be perfectly happy to siphon off all the profits made by this game and invest them into some crappy new shooter than invest in SWtOR itself.

Hear! Hear!

The past few years the story has felt rote. If the writers don't love what they are writing, how can they expect the players to love it?

I actually feel bad for the writers.

They can only write what are allowed to write.

Apparently they can't write interlaced stories on both side because their boss won't let them. More time spent on writing = more money needed to pay the writers. They have to write a Republic story and change the NPC names into Empire and call it a "second" story. There is no solid foundation of how the Main Story is suppose to go and it is BAD on so many ways.

Writers can't write interesting characters. No NPC can have character growth because most of them are either killable or have to have a paper thin token personality due to the above reason. No solid stories = nothing to back up character growth.

How can you love what you write when you literally can't write anything?

Thanks. Over and out.

I play lotro quite a but. One of my favorite mmo's. I'm subscribed for many years now.

Agreed on the writing in this game. Something is just missing. It's like so much is left unfinished or underdeveloped. I don't feel the passion in it like it used to be.

And yes.....I been saying this. Retcon Theron AND Arcann both. Giving kill option to main characters like this is just bad. Not to mention bioware chose both males and lana is still looming over my voice. It's pushing me to the dark side.

I am convinced that the people who post this nonsense are paid to do it. Enticed to promote negative garbage in order to promote another agenda.

I wish LOL. I have received no money from anyone again, I wish. (I assure you, I'm not on the LOTRO payroll or Wow or anyone else. I actually loathe LOTRO game (I tried it) and it sickens me every time my hubby says, 'oh cool, a new update, a new expac..'

I love him, but I could wring the smug glee right off his face. <.< Cause I know he does it to rub it in, knowing I'm sitting here, hugging my beloved SWTOR encyclopedia and staring longingly at my Theron Shan computer wallpaper and longing for the days of the Shadow of Reven and such and wishing for some new moments with my favorite spy, and my favorite Imperial (Quinn) and going on some mad, fun, thrilling adventure with them. I'd love to do some companion stories again. I'd pay for those too, missions for all the companions? Good fun. Extra long for the romance comps please.

I'm not some shill. You want to know who I am? I'm a founder of this game. A star wars nut since it came out on my 9th birthday on May 25, 1977. I want this game to flourish and be amazing, and I can't say it's awesome when it's so obviously not. The story bits are so few and far between, it's not even that clear what is happening anymore.

Another implied that we can't know that the writers aren't excited, but when I read other posts like the one that spoke to a dev and made it sound like the majority of them are just sloggers for a cheque, it irks me. The only passion the writers in this game seem to have is Lana and Malgus. <.<

My 'negative garbage' and over the top heads should roll title are a wake up pinch to the peeps in charge. I LOVE THIS GAME. I want it to flourish and given that its at heart and soul a story game, well, it could use some story. MORE OF IT, in bigger chunks that take longer than an evening to finish.

My only agenda is really wanting a fun adventure with class flavor stories for this game. I don't need anyone to pay me, I'd gladly pay THEM for the product that would thrill me.

I agree with everything you’ve said OP (except for no more weird aliens, I like weird aliens lol)

As much as I agree with OP, sadly this is what I believe as well. EA would be perfectly happy to siphon off all the profits made by this game and invest them into some crappy new shooter than invest in SWtOR itself.

Thanks, Nefla lol. Sorry about the aliens, I'm just really into speaking BASIC I guess. :p:)

But sadly, I do t think that you and the other poster that said they've been milking subs for years and dumping this game's proceeds into junk no one wants, is true.

I play lotro quite a but. One of my favorite mmo's. I'm subscribed for many years now.

Agreed on the writing in this game. Something is just missing. It's like so much is left unfinished or underdeveloped. I don't feel the passion in it like it used to be.

And yes.....I been saying this. Retcon Theron AND Arcann both. Giving kill option to main characters like this is just bad. Not to mention bioware chose both males and lana is still looming over my voice. It's pushing me to the dark side.

That's cool, my hubby does too and he continues to love it and support it too. He played this game with me for years before playing LOTRO, but after Shadow of Revan his interest waned...he wasn't into Keeping Up with the Valkorians, and so he went to LOTRO, and given his love of that universe is happy as pie. I love the movies, but not the game so much. (Thranduil forever. <3)

I'd be cool with retconning some deaths, so long as I get Theron and Quinn back again, I'm fine with that other guy with half a face on whose love thread I'm persona non grata getting content too. I just won't play it, but if I'm busy with Theron, I won't care lol.

Hear! Hear!

The past few years the story has felt rote. If the writers don't love what they are writing, how can they expect the players to love it?

Yes! The passion seems to be missing. I think they need to hear that song..."You've lost that lovin' feeling, whoooah that lovin' feeling..." :D

Yes! The passion seems to be missing. I think they need to hear that song..."You've lost that lovin' feeling, whoooah that lovin' feeling..." :D

Here you go Luna:

And I will add another one:

Edited by casirabit

I actually feel bad for the writers.

They can only write what are allowed to write.

Apparently they can't write interlaced stories on both side because their boss won't let them. More time spent on writing = more money needed to pay the writers. They have to write a Republic story and change the NPC names into Empire and call it a "second" story. There is no solid foundation of how the Main Story is suppose to go and it is BAD on so many ways.

Writers can't write interesting characters. No NPC can have character growth because most of them are either killable or have to have a paper thin token personality due to the above reason. No solid stories = nothing to back up character growth.

How can you love what you write when you literally can't write anything?

I realize the Star Wars Story Group are finicky buggers who are really picky about the details of who can be what and where and with whom, and having such strict guidelines, I can understand, it would be a hamper on creativity, but the class stories were amazing, focussed on our amazing characters foremost...and leaving a bit of what our nemesis is up to, to mystery...like you never saw or rarely saw Baras plotting against us in a cut scene. His actions against were made to be felt on our end of the story, as an example.

I would've thought that being as it's the old republic, that there would be a lot of leeway about characters and adventures, seeing as its so far removed from the movies and tv shows and some books.

*claps* That's awesome!! I didn't even know Hall and Oates covered that song!!

I'm telling my age with this probably, but I was thinking of this version lol.

Nice, I grew up in the 80's so that Hall and Oates was the one I found first but then again I also like some country music as well, (grew up in Texas lol)

Nice, I grew up in the 80's so that Hall and Oates was the one I found first but then again I also like some country music as well, (grew up in Texas lol)

I'll be 54 in May, so I was a young'un in the 80s as well, but I would get a lot of oldie music played at home, cause my mom and grandma liked it, and I learned to like it too. ^^ I was watching some reaction vids on youtube, and so many younger people have never heard of the Righteous Brothers and marveled at their singing.

You can't do **** without budget.

With or without passion, I'm sure the devs are doing the best they can with what they have... :(

The team is probably too small to create all they want, so yeah... it shows.

Anyway, I would love to have more Theron too, please. :')

Edited by Aryksa

Thanks. Over and out.

Upvoting x100,000

I've said before, give me more stories with my class companions interacting for the whole story (especially Quinn, Aric, Vector) bring back Theron (I mean seriously what the heck - he was left for dead meaning someone could easily save him) reduce the Lana-in-our-face-all-the-time-for-no-reason, make Rivix a love interest and give us story format like KotFE/KotET (the whole Zakuul thing might not have been the best but the chapter format was excellent) and BW can have full access to my credit card! Get new voice actors if you have to.

Edited by Sarova
  • Like 1

Thanks. Over and out.

Wrong forum.

Send an email to EA CEO.

The Theron and Quinn love is fine. However I love Lana and hate Quinn the betrayer! I have my Jedi's romance Lana a Jedi that loves a Sith is awesome! I do wish they would put more content that involves our companions. The class stories were awesome. It's just a darn shame they don't do that.

That's exactly what happened with Anthem. That's where most of the staff went as well. Don't think we're ever going to see those people again.