Security key question

Vigilark

You don't have to buy a security key, you can download an app on your phone.

Once you activate your security key, you have to use both your password and the code provided by the security key every time you log in.

Items available on the Security Key vendor are only available there. There may be variants of those things available elsewhere.

Some of the things don't require constant access to the security vendor. Like the doecrations. Once you buy them and add them to your decorations, you can keep using them even if you remove the security key. For me the inconvenience is worth it because of the free 100 cartel coins each month. It really adds up over time. It continues to accumulate even if you're not playing. Edited by ThanderSnB

Downloaded the ap on my phone. Says it's an old ap and might not work on my phone. Any of you using newer phones? I'm using a galaxy s-10 android. One that they no longer make. Came out couple yrs ago I guess. I'm new to this phone stuff btw, sorry.

Downloaded the ap on my phone. Says it's an old ap and might not work on my phone. Any of you using newer phones? I'm using a galaxy s-10 android. One that they no longer make. Came out couple yrs ago I guess. I'm new to this phone stuff btw, sorry.

its a fake message. i use a samsung galaxy 9+ and got the same message (old app). i use it now nearly 12 weeks again without any problems. it works fine.

Edited by FWSWBN

I have a question regarding security keys. (And before I go any further, I do NOT have a mobile phone, nor do I ever want to.)

A year or so ago, I bought a physical security key on Amazon, but when I tried to set it up it wouldn't work for some reason. Any ideas on how and where to set it up?

I have a question regarding security keys. (And before I go any further, I do NOT have a mobile phone, nor do I ever want to.)

A year or so ago, I bought a physical security key on Amazon, but when I tried to set it up it wouldn't work for some reason. Any ideas on how and where to set it up?

If that doesn’t work, you could just download WithAuth on your game PC. It is open source and complies with the relevant standard and can be used for multiple web sites, applications etc.

This Token (Hardware) you cant buy "NEW" because this token was ended... not sure 2016 or something like this.

The old one (like mine) works until my battery finish and i personally uses now the token app for android (works much more better).

EA stop selling this token long time ago and if you buy last year a token... its not new.

The hardware token was only available in collectors edition of swtor and a short time (some years) you can buy it on shopping sides like amazon or ebay or another online shops.

Edited by FWSWBN