Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did 7.0 break the Gemini Captain boss fight?

Syntar-Oben

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

Right, so that's what i'm trying to convey to you here.  ( i might not be doing  a very good job , because typed words on forums )

Since 7.0 , as mentioned in that thread ^ i linked for you above ,  ALL  of those 'chatpers'  ( even on story mode ) are wayyyy  overtuned & unbalanced  combat wise and stat wise, etc.

My suggestion to you, other than making certain you've read all the guides for that boss fight , is to maybe ask a friend or guildmate to  'invite into your story phase' and help you with that mission.

thanks I can try that, I thought you can only do the story solo

7 minutes ago, Atreus_Razner said:

I can try that, I thought you can only do the story solo

You have first  GROUP the other player , then  you yourself go back into that current Chapter/phase  yourself.  Then  right-click your 'face portrait' and there should be an option within that menu for  'invite into STORY'  ( or something like that ) .

6 minutes ago, Atreus_Razner said:

Thank you so much dude for helping really appreciate the help.

No problem and if that boss-fight still doesn't  work with another player helping you, try recording VIDEO of it  to maybe help BioWare devs/coders  SEE what's really going on.

Anyways, best of luck.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

You have first  GROUP the other player , then  you yourself go back into that current Chapter/phase  yourself.  Then  right-click your 'face portrait' and there should be an option within that menu for  'invite into STORY'  ( or something like that ) .

No problem and best of luck.

Thank you, you too, best of luck to you too.

• 5 months later...

This sucks. I have tried with a level 76 Jedi & a level 80 sith. I can not beat Gemini captain no matter how many times I try. There is no point in trying to continue game. Interrupting & heroic moment do very little to help & I so no way to continue to play. I guess I will just have to cancel my subscription.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Just encountered this long standing issue and after searching for solutions, found something that at least seemed like it worked, so I thought I'd post it in case it works for anyone else.

There were 3 things people seemed to say in my searches for this:

1) Level influence with Senya...I didn't have the patience for this...

2) Get someone to come help you...I'm too stubborn to do this for 'solo' content...

3) The tactic for this boss when she splits is to hit the last one to spawn first, which then causes the others to despawn...THIS, or an adaptation of this, is what I worked with...

I noticed that when I tried 3), it didn't always work and she'd stick around for a long time, long enough at least to wipe the floor with both Senya and myself, in one order or another. What I noticed after a few attempts and honestly a couple screwups, was that if I hit the wrong target first, then hitting the correct target seemed to work and make the others disappear. And while once or twice I took enough damage I had to blow a cooldown, that's what they're there for and it seemed to work first time.

For whatever reason, it seemed like hitting the last one to spawn didn't always register as the act to despawn it, but hitting one of the 'wrong' targets first seemed to wake it up and make it so when you hit the correct target, it worked...

I hope this works for others and helps - I don't know if it's a guarantee or anything, but it did work 100% for me in my successful run, so I thought I'd share.

Good luck!

• Like 1

It seems that some chapters are more overtuned than others.

I managed to complete Profit and Plunder on Veteran mode today with my Smuggler (though he uses Trooper Gunnery combat scheme). Maybe it was because for the harder part of the chapter I was able to use 2 companions (both Gault and Vette. I have Gault at 23 influence & Vette at 50) (although I did Die about 3 times during the first part where it was only Gault). 

Whereas I could not complete Anarchy in Paradise on Vet mode on my Agent about 2 - 3 weeks ago (also using Trooper spec, but DPS-Vanguard). Have Kaliyo at 50 but somehow cannot finish it.  Did it with no problem until I got to the part with 2 Boss mobs in the undercity portion.  Will try this with one of my tank characters. Disappointed that I can't complete the "agent" chapter with the actual "agent" tho.

Both characters have item rating of 335.

• 10 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 8:30 PM, MilordStragen said:

Hi folks,

Just encountered this long standing issue and after searching for solutions, found something that at least seemed like it worked, so I thought I'd post it in case it works for anyone else.

There were 3 things people seemed to say in my searches for this:

1) Level influence with Senya...I didn't have the patience for this...

2) Get someone to come help you...I'm too stubborn to do this for 'solo' content...

3) The tactic for this boss when she splits is to hit the last one to spawn first, which then causes the others to despawn...THIS, or an adaptation of this, is what I worked with...

I noticed that when I tried 3), it didn't always work and she'd stick around for a long time, long enough at least to wipe the floor with both Senya and myself, in one order or another. What I noticed after a few attempts and honestly a couple screwups, was that if I hit the wrong target first, then hitting the correct target seemed to work and make the others disappear. And while once or twice I took enough damage I had to blow a cooldown, that's what they're there for and it seemed to work first time.

For whatever reason, it seemed like hitting the last one to spawn didn't always register as the act to despawn it, but hitting one of the 'wrong' targets first seemed to wake it up and make it so when you hit the correct target, it worked...

I hope this works for others and helps - I don't know if it's a guarantee or anything, but it did work 100% for me in my successful run, so I thought I'd share.

Good luck!

This helped so much! I was unable to solo it until I started hitting one of the clones prior to hitting the real GEMINI. Note: I did have an another issue were Gemini got stuck in a corner became immune to everything and just blasted the clone attack non stop, so stay clear of the walls as well!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.