Flashpoint repetition is gross

SoonerJBD

Seven FPs in the group finder queue this week, virtually guaranteeing you will get the same ones over and over and come to hate them all. Honestly, this is one of the dumbest changes they’ve made in 7.0.

That's not for the week it's for good since they screwed with the level requirements. You now have to be 50 to use group finder so all FP's under 50 don't show up. Eric Musco screwed up things that were changed for a reason in the first place. He is taking parts of the game in reverse and it is pissing off the community and he doesn't have the guts to address the problems he has caused. He made these changes without discussion with those of us who have been funding the game since Bioware originally tanked it. Eric isn't even man enough to come onto the forums and discuss the problems he has made.

Part of the 10 year anniversary is getting to re-live the experience of having lame end game. Those were the good old days. We used to just run circles around fleet doing nothing at max level.

I actually have 40 alts and deleted half of them this week so i can just reroll them and play the game again, because playing the same FPs and Ops again is BORING; it is literally the reason the game was shifting toward the play any content you like model, but we are back to 2.0 again, so welcome to the Past

Edited by kirorx

In perfect RNG the chance of getting the same FP 4 out of 5 times is much less than 1%, assuming there are 7 flashpoints in the q and each one has an equal chance of popping.

I ran 3 or 4 FPs yesterday on Empire characters (on two different accounts) and most if not all of them were BT - others in my groups complained, unprompted by me, of getting that FP too much already. Something's broken.

I didn’t say you would always get the same one 4 out of 5 times. I said repetition is going to happen. I’m not doing the math right now because I have a life, but if you run 7 FPs, your chance of getting a different one each time is astronomically low. You are going to see repeats, and seeing the same FP 3 or 4 times out of 10 runs is perfectly within the expected results. Now, we know there are other mitigating factors. Some people are likely unchecking certain FPs even though it makes them ineligible for the weekly. And lower level players have no other options than the one FP in the queue they can run. But even if it were just random chance, repetition would be inevitable with only 7 FPs in the queue.

That's not for the week it's for good since they screwed with the level requirements. You now have to be 50 to use group finder so all FP's under 50 don't show up. Eric Musco screwed up things that were changed for a reason in the first place. He is taking parts of the game in reverse and it is pissing off the community and he doesn't have the guts to address the problems he has caused. He made these changes without discussion with those of us who have been funding the game since Bioware originally tanked it. Eric isn't even man enough to come onto the forums and discuss the problems he has made.

This is false. Esseles is on the queue on Rep side this time, and Black Talon is on Imp side. These are the very first FPs you get on either side and do not have a level requirement at all that I am aware of.

What I'm seeing now is people specifically declining GF FPs unless there's someone under level 50, they get Esseles/BT, announce that spacebar is required, then vote the lowbie out if they don't spacebar. It IS a fast easy FP as long as people spacebar.

7.0...annoyingly regressive changes, to take us back to the bad old days of 2.0.

What I'm seeing now is people specifically declining GF FPs unless there's someone under level 50, they get Esseles/BT, announce that spacebar is required, then vote the lowbie out if they don't spacebar. It IS a fast easy FP as long as people spacebar.

7.0...annoyingly regressive changes, to take us back to the bad old days of 2.0.

To be fair... refusing to spacebar in a group finder FP should be a war crime.

To be fair... refusing to spacebar in a group finder FP should be a war crime.

Not for lowbies who are new to the game. Us old timers? Hell yeah...spacebar or drop. But for new players on their new lowbie toons doing the only FPs, the only PVE group conent, they can prior to level 50 having experienced players demand they spacebar, skip the story that's new to them, or get kicked.

Bad all around, for us and for new players.

Esseles is the republic low level FP this week.

So basically if a low level is in queue you'll get that. The longest most conversation heavy FP in game. What makes it even worse is that either my groups aren't pressing spacebar or it's bugged for skipping. My one and a half runs today each conversation as taken the maximum amount of time.

Finally you need all FP selected in the group finder to progress the weekly so can't avoid it.

This is a bad experience for endgame players who want to blast through content to gear and low level players who are going to see people abandon the flashpoint out of frustration.

The list should have more choices and spread over a range of levels. Not just 7 total with one low and six 50+.

Bioware with their decisions are sucking all the fun out of the game for me.

Completely agree, we used to be able to Que for every FP and now only 7-9? We have to play FP's we hate? Or the longest ones? This is a complete downgrade, who thought this was a good idea and approved this? Especially for those of us who have been playing for years. Bioware please listen to your consumer and fix it or change it back!

Not for lowbies who are new to the game. Us old timers? Hell yeah...spacebar or drop. But for new players on their new lowbie toons doing the only FPs, the only PVE group conent, they can prior to level 50 having experienced players demand they spacebar, skip the story that's new to them, or get kicked.

Bad all around, for us and for new players.

You can do any flashpoint in story mode now. The vast majority of players enter the group queue to complete weekly objectives and have no interest whatsoever in watching cutscenes they have seen a million times. If you want to watch cutscenes, run it in story mode. End discussion. If you won’t spacebar even after being asked politely to do so, you should be vote kicked immediately.

You can do any flashpoint in story mode now. The vast majority of players enter the group queue to complete weekly objectives and have no interest whatsoever in watching cutscenes they have seen a million times. If you want to watch cutscenes, run it in story mode. End discussion. If you won’t spacebar even after being asked politely to do so, you should be vote kicked immediately.

That's all well and good, but a lot of those lowbie characters are new players to the game, so they might not even know that there are story mode versions of those flashpoints. And they're not likely to know about what high level players are going to expect of them. The problem is, everytime I see someone ask people to hit the spacebar, it's not done in a polite manner. It's always "SPACEBAR" and nothing else. No explanation. Sometimes you get a 'please', but most times it's just a demand.

Prior to these changes, at appropriate level, lowbies could queue for Esseles/Black Talon and be paired only with other lowbies. Now when they queue for it they get paired with high level players.

That's all well and good, but a lot of those lowbie characters are new players to the game, so they might not even know that there are story mode versions of those flashpoints. And they're not likely to know about what high level players are going to expect of them. The problem is, everytime I see someone ask people to hit the spacebar, it's not done in a polite manner. It's always "SPACEBAR" and nothing else. No explanation. Sometimes you get a 'please', but most times it's just a demand.

Prior to these changes, at appropriate level, lowbies could queue for Esseles/Black Talon and be paired only with other lowbies. Now when they queue for it they get paired with high level players.

Exactly the point. Group finder for FPS has been turned into a much more limited experience for all players, long time players as well as new players. And a new player who hasn't made friends in-game yet and just wants to get their feet wet with PVE group content Esseles/Black Talon is it. If we want a strong thriving game then we need choice that enhance the experienced player experience AND the newbie experience.

Like with everything with this regressive mess of an xpack, it's all about limiting player choice. Limit the ops weeklies, limit the GF FPS available, limit the weekly heroics, etc.

Edited by Failtima

What they should do is have a "fun" group finder option with everything available, doesn't provide the weekly bonuses but allows us to group find for whatever we want.

As a player who likes to run activities/flashpoints in the correct story order I'll have to wait weeks for it to rotate round or seek players at the fleet now.

A lot of times just typing “spacebar” is enough. If not, I let people know they can run the FP in story mode to watch cutscenes.

What they should do is have a "fun" group finder option with everything available, doesn't provide the weekly bonuses but allows us to group find for whatever we want.

As a player who likes to run activities/flashpoints in the correct story order I'll have to wait weeks for it to rotate round or seek players at the fleet now.

I would be all in on this. There's a handful of flashpoints I like to run, just for the sake of doing them. I don't feel like I need the weekly bonus, but I do like to have things to do in game. Right now I don't feel like I have things to do in game so I'm pulling my sub. It sucks, but why should I pay for something that doesn't have anything for me?

This flashpoint "rotation" is terrible.

Wanted to help a lv44 guild mate, a completely new player, to run a flashpoint through GF for the first time yesterday.

->Only Black Talon is available out of this week's rotation lol

->Instantly felt secondhand embarrassment because guild mate was disappointed (only 1?)

->Sorry mate, but you gotta hit that spacebar like there's no tomorrow.

PS: Guild mate was so bend on saving credits so that he could build his own lightsaber and I can't bring myself to tell him that no, you can't use your own lightsaber once you hit lv76.

About 1/3 of them do not. I can assure you, every solo/story player out there wishes they all did.

Yes that would be me, I'm that one player that forces Mando raiders and athiss on players because that's the next one I need to do in order. I always feel slightly guilty but without a solo version I am out of options.