the new unmoddable gear is bad and here is why

i don't know who made the new gear but i can tell whoever made it did NOT play mmo's

here are the problems :

- you cannot get hit capped now , so you just miss abilities and screw up your rotation

- screws up Crew Skills - all crew skill become irrelevant because you now are F O R C E D to augment ALL your gear with HIT RATING augments

- new implants ARE a good change ... however .... because there are NO MODS you cannot reach hit cap anymore because they are locked with " critical rating " & " alacrity "

What needs to be done :

- make 320+ gear moddable : Armoring + Mod + Enhancements

- make implants moddable : mod + enhancement ( no armoring ) .... ear pieces too

this is the SECOND catastrophic mistake you made this expansion , and i frankly cannot believe you did it after 10 years of experience running an MMO

- did no-one there realize you need to be hit capped so you can pass " burn dps " phases on bosses ?

- how do i pass a " dps check " mechanic where i have to do alot of damage in a short ammount of time is my spells are missing the target because the gear has no Accuracy on it ! ! :confused:

oh and if it's not painfully obvious .... FIX IT NOW !!!! don't even bother with other things

Edited by banimoka

I completely agree with the previous posts and this is why it has become simply impossible to play.

And yet I will add here one more key thing in my opinion, namely: I have been playing since the release of the game and during this time I have accumulated a huge collection of weapons bought for cartel coins that I bought for real money and now this whole collection is useless.

Maybe the person responsible for making decisions to make weapons purchased with cartel coins useless will reimburse all players for its value in real money at the exchange rate of cartel coins? And in addition to this not very far-sighted person, it is worth exposing a penalty from the lost profits from the shareholders, since now no one will acquire cartel coins for the purchase of weapons, since they are useless.

The result of this patch was not only the impossibility of the game due to the ill-conceived component of the equipment ratings, but also simply unpleasant, since only a developer who disrespected the players could devalue their financial investments made by the players in the game.

Can't say I like the non modable gear, but you do know that you can use gear pieces from different classes?

Cause they have acc on different slots.

Like Pummler gear has accuracy on gloves and pants and Force Lord on head and chest piece.

You can mix the diff gear pieces from diff classes for more acc on your gear if you don't want all acc augments.

Still would have prefered gear with actual mods.

i don't know who made the new gear but i can tell whoever made it did NOT play mmo's

here are the problems :

- you cannot get hit capped now , so you just miss abilities and screw up your rotation

- screws up Crew Skills - all crew skill become irrelevant because you now are F O R C E D to augment ALL your gear with HIT RATING augments

- new implants ARE a good change ... however .... because there are NO MODS you cannot reach hit cap anymore because they are locked with " critical rating " & " alacrity "

What needs to be done :

- make 320+ gear moddable : Armoring + Mod + Enhancements

- make implants moddable : mod + enhancement ( no armoring ) .... ear pieces too

this is the SECOND catastrophic mistake you made this expansion , and i frankly cannot believe you did it after 10 years of experience running an MMO

- did no-one there realize you need to be hit capped so you can pass " burn dps " phases on bosses ?

- how do i pass a " dps check " mechanic where i have to do alot of damage in a short ammount of time is my spells are missing the target because the gear has no Accuracy on it ! ! :confused:

oh and if it's not painfully obvious .... FIX IT NOW !!!! don't even bother with other things

I'd be happy if they just made tertiary stats the mods, kinda like the augments but via drops. That way you are managing only one type and only across the gear that has them.

I have been playing since the release of the game and during this time I have accumulated a huge collection of weapons bought for cartel coins that I bought for real money and now this whole collection is useless.

i wrote this topic while i was a bit furious and got lost in the technical aspects and i totally forgot about this

- i get that you have " priorities " but leave them

- you made 2 critical mistakes this expansion :

1) you gave everyone 6 disciplines but you don't let them " select " which one

2) you just removed " collections " , " crew skills " , " mods " from the game , and basically removed " accuracy "

take this SERIOUSLY , people will start unsubbing

i have been modding games for years , this is fixable in 1 afternoon

If you don't have 110% accuracy you are not understanding how the gear works. Very easily obtainable. i-LvL 327, 110.09% accuracy, 34.67% crit and 59.17% crit multiplier on TK Sage

What are your pieces with Accuracy and how did you obtain them? I would appreciate pieces to be described following this example:

326, Purple Thyrsian, Accuracy, Chest

I have the following and am wondering about how to get the 4 required Rakata Accuracy pieces: (might need Pummeler or Healer pieces)

326, Purple Rakata, Accuracy, Head

326, Purple Thyrsian, Accuracy, Legs

326, Purple Thyrsian, Accuracy, Offhand

Edited by mike_carton

Do I hate the new un-moddable gear?

Absolutely! I love fine tuning my characters level by level and mods really help with that down to the single digits.

But is the new un-moddable gear bad?

Not really.

The stat quantities are so high now per gear piece ( +/- 500) that the resolution for fine tuning is now Augments (+/- 108).

A. You don't need 110% accuracy when starting at 320. 109.xx is fine.

http://www.mrrabbit.net/misc/swtor/swtorglobalcooldown.php

In the chart below the text, the Powertech and Arsenal Mercenary are both running 109% accuracy.

The Arsenal Mercenary at 323 Gear Rating w/ 286 augments is pushing 20k DPS in NiM Nefra.

The Powertech at 324 Gear Rating w/ 286 augments is pushing 21k DPS in NiM Nefra.

As both of these characters level up to 330 onward, the Accuracy shortfall will correct itself naturally as a function of increased points that come with upgrades.

B. The effect on one's ability to MAX dps is minor when it comes to gear. The effect on one's ability to MAX dps due to rotation is MAJOR.

C. In relation to "B" above, I gotta say I'm loving Bioware's new "full fledged" logging that Starparse reads.

It has really flushed out into the open the truth about so many players over the years that have been running with HM and NiM progs and pugs. As suspected, most that refused to get in Parse and claimed to be high DPS . . .

really aren't.

Two nights ago, I watched a longtime player (DPS) raider in 324 Gear w/ 286 augments pull only 9.1k DPS in Titan6 HM.

The tanks were pulling 4k and 7k...

All the other DPS were pulling 19k+.

In the various raiding Discords, there have been quite a few DPS pissed off about this whining about how people can now see their DPS . . . and they're getting really bent out of shape over it.

So the bottom line . . .

. . . "fine tune" with augments and stims. Fix your rotation (that includes priority system).

And while you are at it, hit that test dummy with Starparse running. And study a few rotations on the DPS Leaderboards over a http://parsely.io

=8-)

Edited by orig_mrrabbit

• 2 weeks later...
What are your pieces with Accuracy and how did you obtain them? I would appreciate pieces to be described following this example:

I have the following and am wondering about how to get the 4 required Rakata Accuracy pieces: (might need Pummeler or Healer pieces)

326, Purple Rakata, Accuracy, Head

326, Purple Thyrsian, Accuracy, Legs

326, Purple Thyrsian, Accuracy, Offhand

I have the following.

Head chest ear and implant from force lord. Gloves from pummler.

I am reeeeally not liking this system. :(

I got a lightsaber with better stats than the one I had... but the one I had uses a skin from the Cartel Market. Before, I would have just pulled the mods off the better one and stuck them on the pretty one. As it is now, if I ever want to upgrade my lightsaber, my real money purchase is wasted.

That honestly makes no sense, and in a game that has cosmetic weapons there has to be some way to keep the appearance you like but change the stats.