Can sith force users install green or blue color crystals?

Shakeyonee

Trying to figure out what type of toon I want to make and play first and I like what I see about the Inquisitor, and will be completely sold if I can install a green or blue color crystal in my sabre (red, purple and the pre-order color dont appeal to me)

TIA

I think you can't have reached Darkside I if you want to still use blue or green. Keep in mind it is NOT just your personal choices that make you lightside. If you group often and someone else chooses a darkside option, then that can go to you too and you could find yourself reaching Darkside I because of these, and of course Light I or above... in which case your color choices are limited to say the least.

I think you can't have reached Darkside I if you want to still use blue or green. Keep in mind it is NOT just your personal choices that make you lightside. If you group often and someone else chooses a darkside option, then that can go to you too and you could find yourself reaching Darkside I because of these, and of course Light I or above... in which case your color choices are limited to say the least.

Your companions(other players) choices don't give you LS or DS points.

Edited by Telzrob

Your companions(other players) choices don't give you LS or DS points.

This. Other players choices do not give you LS or DS. Yours and Yours alone. And I thought just recently they removed crystal restrictions? not sure but I feel like a friend had just mentioned this to me a day or so ago.

Will the lightside points gimp my sith? I mean I can get use to the purple, I just know that lightning is way cooler then throwing dirt and rocks at my foes

LS and DS options are supposed to have equal gear statwise, you just won't look the same since your gear won't look as evil.

LS and DS options are supposed to have equal gear statwise, you just won't look the same since your gear won't look as evil.

I guess thats all the more bonus by not looking evil, so when they turn around I can fry 'em with a lightning bolt to the backside!

Keep in mind it is NOT just your personal choices that make you lightside. If you group often and someone else chooses a darkside option, then that can go to you too and you could find yourself reaching Darkside I because of these, and of course Light I or above...

This is completely false.

During one of the betas, there were no LS/DS restrictions on crystals you crafted yourself. I had a full darkside SI using a blue crystal I had crafted for myself. I don't know if this still holds true, though.

The only thing that absolutely effects your group options is...nothing. If you chose a dark side option and your friend chose light side, neither your choice nor his/her choice will effect each other. YOU only affect YOUR choices.

Yay for dark side all the way!

False... totally false if you choose light and i choose dark and i win, you get lightside points and i get dark...is pretty old news actually...

This is completely false.

During one of the betas, there were no LS/DS restrictions on crystals you crafted yourself. I had a full darkside SI using a blue crystal I had crafted for myself. I don't know if this still holds true, though.

Was changed in last or next to last beta build, red crystals past starter crystals require darkside I+ and blue/green lightside not sure was changed yet... i can go look and update asap.

Edit: well looks like alinment on crystals was removed =3 that is good!

Edited by Lokai

Was changed in last or next to last beta build, red crystals past starter crystals require darkside I+ and blue/green lightside not sure was changed yet... i can go look and update asap.

in last beta build was this:

Red crystal : Forbidden for Light I and above

blue and green : Forbidden for Dark I and above

so as neutral you can use all colors

in last beta build was this:

Red crystal : Forbidden for Light I and above

blue and green : Forbidden for Dark I and above

so as neutral you can use all colors

i just checked though and saw no restriction on green crystals in the market, they had nothing anywhere about a restriction at all.

I haven't checked ones on the market, but the ones I can create myself have restrictions. You can't use blue or green if you are Dark I or higher, can't use red if you are Light I or higher. I don't think yellow had a restriction, but I don't remember...and I can't make any other colors yet.

Will the lightside points gimp my sith? I mean I can get use to the purple, I just know that lightning is way cooler then throwing dirt and rocks at my foes

Shouldn't change your character mechanically, just remains to be seen how easy it will be to get the crystals to match your alignment. I looted red crystals on the republic side which required certain darkside points to use as early as level 8 but it's random. Heh if you also buy the insanely overpriced star wars razer products you get a universal green crystal.

Shouldn't change your character mechanically, just remains to be seen how easy it will be to get the crystals to match your alignment. I looted red crystals on the republic side which required certain darkside points to use as early as level 8 but it's random. Heh if you also buy the insanely overpriced star wars razer products you get a universal green crystal.

Hmm... interesting... I learned the hard way playing wow that trying to use skills 6 to = with my left hand was a measure of futility and casting the wrong skill at the wrong time so am thinking of getting a g510 keyboard for this game, so maybe logitech will get in on the crystals. Oh wait damn those crystals will be red since logitech can be evil when they want to be (ie the 2 foot range on my wireless wave keyboard)

Alternatively, I read in the FAQ that green/black and blue/black would have no such restictions, if those are like the pre-order crystals that would be cool too, cause tbh on the preorder crystals I can not tell the differance of the black aspect on those pre-order ones they just look yellow to me. ick!

Edited by Shakeyonee