Am I the only one who is getting eye strain with the new UI?

Naholen

It hurts to look at the new UI, especially the inventory screens. You can barely see the white border around your skills window and doesn't match in any way the rest of the UI.

I tried to change my monitor's color setting to soften the glaring, too bright with too much contrast, UI but it still is an eyesore.

I like the layout, but the color scheme is painfully horrendous. Really painful.

Is it BW's way to make us play less?

It hurts to look at the new UI, especially the inventory screens. You can barely see the white border around your skills window and doesn't match in any way the rest of the UI.

I tried to change my monitor's color setting to soften the glaring, too bright with too much contrast, UI but it still is an eyesore.

I like the layout, but the color scheme is painfully horrendous. Really painful.

Is it BW's way to make us play less?

I was just about to post this, I'm still a recent enough player, haven't finished all the class stories but renewed my sub, figuring that even if the borked the expansion it wouldn't affect me much. Boy was I wrong, I can't play the game now without getting a massive headache, its that bad.

Their biggest issue is the padding between the cells. Speaking as someone with a development background, I have to say It's very amateurish for a company like Bioware. The two ways I can see it sorted would be to either revert the grid look'n'feel to the old style, or to fill the gaps with the border colour.

There were no requests from players to change the UI. The storage screens were all nice, easy to use, and never got in the way of your inventory management. This redesign was unasked for, a waste of resources, and it is so obviously bad that I'm surprised it made it through. They received this feedback on PTS and - like most feedback they receive - they ignored it.