The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unstable Weapon Tuning

OctavianDavis

The visual effects on the 'unstable' weapons are epic and spectacular. For example, Tulak's Lightsaber, Malgus's Damaged Lightsaber, Dark Honor Guard Lightsaber.

However, the polesabers/dualsabers with 'unstable' visuals are simply unpleasant to look at. For instance, twisted fang, unstable arbiter, Arn's unshielded dualsaber, etc.

The problem with the unstable dualsabers is:

a) they are slung around the back, and thus look like crap with many outfits. Specifically outfits with capes or cloaks. During diologue scenes, this is a big problem.

b) The unstable dualsabers that do fit at the hip when holstered are clunky and ugly. They just don't go with my character's personality roleplay-wise. Twisted fang dualsaber has a weird angle and just looks dreadful whilst spinning.

I think that perhaps during some future update during 7.xyz, the developers could add a weapon tuning that creates the 'unstable' lightsaber effects, but for any equipped lightsaber. That way, characters can use the lightsaber they feel most comfortable with visual and utility-wise and still have the awesome effects of Arn's unshielded lightsaber, for example. This will allow for hip-holstered dualsabers/polesabers that look stylish and have a stylish tuning that makes them have the visual effects of tulak horde's lightsaber, for example.

Such an item could be sold on the Cartel Market for maybe 1200-1800 cartel coins, just like all the other tunings. And be account unlocked for 600 cartel coins.

What do people think? Do you want to see an Unstable Weapon Tuning?

What do the developer's think? Is this something you guys want to create for a future update during the 7.whatever run?

What do people think? Do you want to see an Unstable Weapon Tuning?

No, I don't.

A "blade style" slot that's separate from the tuning slot, sure, but not *in* the tuning slot. That way, people who want the Dark Honor Guard's Unstable (v-style cross-blades, like Darth (spoiler) from the first part of the LotS story) with a *plain* blade style can have it, and *everyone* can access blade styles without having to sacrifice their current tuning.