So these are the new changes to combat.... not cool

Hans_bach

Edit 1: Deleted post after cooling down and listening to Requiem Mass in D Minor by Mozart. if i got through the removal orbital strike from Operatives, unload from powertechs and the other removal of other 1.0 powers 9 years ago or was it 8 years ago. this is just another painful jump in this game 10 year life. most of fleet chat and guild chat is going we did not ask for this. why why did you do this. you gutted the old classes into these half shell things. these changes need to be more thought over, more time in the oven. it just is saddening dreading each and every class what did they change. what am i forced to choose over that's been there for YEARS!!!! oops Requiem stopped one second..... okay playing again. i hope when the whole of the player voice there thought on these changes the baring of powers gets changed back to 6.0 or lower.

Edit 2: that statement, i'm old i don't like change. yup that fits this post. didn't know we could easly change out the power in the ablity tree. had phase walk but really needed that cc one click and changed. kind of feeling dump right now but snipers missing a cover quickbar. hope its a bug.

Edited by Hans_bach

I'll admit that I haven't missed that separate bar ever since I first deactivated it, which would be probably 2014.

Same here, I don't like temporary/pop up ability bars, I want everything on keybinds I'm familiar with and can reach at any moment, and I want to see cooldowns remaining even when I'm not using cover.

What bothers me more is that my republic trooper, who picked sniper as a secondary combat style, has a red cover shield instead of a blue one like the one that was shown in the combat style selection preview.

I'll admit that I haven't missed that separate bar ever since I first deactivated it, which would be probably 2014.

I liked it, it was a nice feature. My cover bar was pretty much a copycat of my regular bar, with just one or two ability switched, including the cover ability itself. Meaning as soon as I enter cover with a keybind, I can press that exact same keybind again to immediately start my rotation. It frees one slot and one button since you never need to press the cover key again while you're already crouching. If you want to go out of cover, you just move a bit.

I really, really hope it's merely a bug and not a feature pruned. Because (1) it was optional, stop removing perfectly fine feature from your game, and (2) muscle memory is a hell of thing, and re-learning that I shouldn't press the cover key a second time to start the rotation is going to be unpleasant for my brain.