Alliance crates need to stop dropping the pieces that are unlocked in collection

Pricia

I read you won't be able to vendor the pieces anymore, is that right? Really silly, I'm trying to complete everything I need on live and have it in bank tabs before xpac hits, so I can just unlock it all after launch and never have to open the normalizing lootboxes, uh, I mean, "alliance crates" again. Edited by Rolodome

I read you won't be able to vendor the pieces anymore, is that right? Really silly, I'm trying to complete everything I need on live and have it in bank tabs before xpac hits, so I can just unlock it all after launch and never have to open the normalizing lootboxes, uh, I mean, "alliance crates" again.

That's the thing though, I like the gifts you get from the boxes (I can still use a few and they sell for quite a bit). But it's going to be such a drag to trash every piece of armor, I might just end up keeping the crates until they finally do something about it.

It's really a shame IMO.

That's the thing though, I like the gifts you get from the boxes (I can still use a few and they sell for quite a bit). But it's going to be such a drag to trash every piece of armor, I might just end up keeping the crates until they finally do something about it.

It's really a shame IMO.

Yeah, hopefully they'll revert that aspect of it. Best I can figure is either they made it non-vendorable so people wouldn't accidentally get rid of it (doesn't seem likely, since from what I've seen reported, the pieces unlock just from being in your inventory?) or they grabbed the data structure they typically use for CM collection items, made some minor adjustments so it could work with legacy bound items, and never thought about touching the part that makes the item non-vendorable. So hopefully it's just an oversight that they'll fix.

OK, yes, that's substantial suckage. I wouldn't class it as the *worst* part of 7.0, but it's definitely suckage.

Yes, yes it is.

I'll probably bump this thread until they do something about it, it's already annoying to turn in crates as it is (one at a time, then opening one at a time), this will make it even worse.

I’m assuming Bioware are did it to try to reduce more ways to get credits. So if that’s the case, they could just make them 1 credit so it’s easier to get rid of them. Trashing items is a massive pain in the arse.

Presumably the ones you claim from collections would have to be different items that look the same and have the same name, so they could be set to non-vendorable...

Or maybe do what ESO does, and have it be possible to "sell" zero-credit (gold in ESO) to vendors for, well, zero credits. (That would help with the problems of getting rid of claimed CM items that you don't want for your outfit when you claim armour sets from Collections...)

Presumably the ones you claim from collections would have to be different items that look the same and have the same name, so they could be set to non-vendorable...

Or maybe do what ESO does, and have it be possible to "sell" zero-credit (gold in ESO) to vendors for, well, zero credits. (That would help with the problems of getting rid of claimed CM items that you don't want for your outfit when you claim armour sets from Collections...)

It is tricky, isn't it, because safeguarding against accidentally vendoring CM items you haven't unlocked in collections or might want to sell on the GTN is important. For these legacy bound items, you can't sell them on the GTN anyway and if they unlock just from having them in your inventory, those factors shouldn't be a problem for them to make it vendorable for 0 credits or whatever. But I think they would need another solution for CM items and claimed copies, since making them vendorable comes with certain risks (unless they make two different versions and have the claimed version be the vendorable one and not otherwise).

It is tricky, isn't it, because safeguarding against accidentally vendoring CM items you haven't unlocked in collections or might want to sell on the GTN is important. For these legacy bound items, you can't sell them on the GTN anyway and if they unlock just from having them in your inventory, those factors shouldn't be a problem for them to make it vendorable for 0 credits or whatever. But I think they would need another solution for CM items and claimed copies, since making them vendorable comes with certain risks (unless they make two different versions and have the claimed version be the vendorable one and not otherwise).

Yeah, that's why you'd think it would be easier to make it so that if a crate has a set piece that you already has unlocked, it just disappears when you claim the items from the crate.

It is tricky, isn't it, because safeguarding against accidentally vendoring CM items you haven't unlocked in collections or might want to sell on the GTN is important.

The solution for that is fairly obvious, in fact. Vendors won't "buy" unbound (including timer-bound) CM items. Unbound in-game drops and bound anything, sure, but not unbound CM items.

The solution for that is fairly obvious, in fact. Vendors won't "buy" unbound (including timer-bound) CM items. Unbound in-game drops and bound anything, sure, but not unbound CM items.

But it can be bound and not be unlocked.

Add that to the list of what should be changed though - you should get a warning when you try to delete a CM item that isn't unlocked in collections. Or, in your example, when you try to sell it. So many people always post on reddit because "they didn't know."

But you're right, I never figured out why you can't just vendor items that are worth 0 credits.

But it can be bound and not be unlocked.

If it's still on the initial "just bought it" timer, it counts as "timer-bound", and would be treated as "unbound".

If it's e.g. the legs of an armour set where you haven't yet bound the chest (so the set is still locked in collections), the legs are nevertheless "collected", so "selling" them for zero should be possible. (And they'd be in Buy Back anyway.)

Or simplify the condition and just say that to be vendorable for zero, it has to be currently collected-and-claimable. That way it also protects you against inadvertent / inattentive (1) sales of those antique pre-modded sets.

Add that to the list of what should be changed though - you should get a warning when you try to delete a CM item that isn't unlocked in collections. Or, in your example, when you try to sell it. So many people always post on reddit because "they didn't know."

By which they mean that they didn't try to find out.

But you're right, I never figured out why you can't just vendor items that are worth 0 credits.

Hard to say. Possibly to avoid the CS issues that are linked to a really easy way to rapidly delete items. The ESO sell-for-zero system nevertheless blocks a substantial number of items, notably almost anything that might be from the Crown Store (CM equivalent), but at least it shows you ahead of time which ones are blocked.

(1) The difference is small but real. An inadvertent sale/deletion is something like "I deleted Aurata but I meant to delete Binthelius Gsrim", while an inattentive sale/deletion would be "I deleted that CM piece without bothering to look to see if I had collected it".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same.

Not able to sell them is annoying when I open 30+ crates a time.

I'm sure the Remnant gears already have special tags in game, make them sell-able, I don't even care how much.

(Grinding heroics but can't even sell the gear you get for credits is lame, like, yeah, sure, this is exactly what caused the inflation :rolleyes: But I don't care at this point)